Last Stand

Skibbi

Prince
Spoiler :

In this situation, how would I make a last stand or counter offensive. I fear that after this defeat, 2Legit may come for revenge and put me in this situation.
Should I either:
A. Build up defenses with fortresses to block the path
B. Do a counter offensive
C. Prepare for a seige with artillery.

Ideally, you want to have another mountain range or two, with a lot of hills in between so to force your opponent to send in his troops through extremely narrow passages...

Yeah what am I saying, he is going to get nukes soon and this time its a human opponent

edit: Concede defeat.

Well, lets just say that it was before mechs.
P.S. That is actually me who is winning!

Indeed, he should have watched his back (literally, I bypassed his defensive line and captured him from behind!)

There is no way, probably not even against a computer, that you could win in this situation (other than to sue for peace and go for culture, but only vs. AI).
With that much gold you could buy, what 3 artillery? Even so you'd need infantry to defend them and you don't have the money. No way. The Persian player probably already spent all his gold, too.
If you don't mind my asking, what was the turning point in this engagement? The game has lasted for a while to get to tanks and artillery, the other player should have had parity with you at some point.

The turning point was when I, as Greece,
1. founded a city behind him.
2. built the great library
3. did a massed rifle assault on his crossbow line
4. did a cavalry, mech, artillery and fighter assault on his line

Yes, all occuring at many different times. Basically, it was a war of attrition, I could produce strong melee units faster than he could make weak ranged units.

I wonder what made him go that route. Persia, I think, would have a better time of things than Greece in nearly every part of a duel game, what with better defensive spear/pikes, happy bank, and better Golden Ages. It looks like he built 6 other cities; you obviously didn't rush him with a dubious classical era military advantage, and more obviously the game went fairly long. War of attrition, indeed; it seems like you played better than him.
In the end, was he truly too legit to quit?

He was too legit to quit. And also wouldn't buy any units, which could have saved him at tarsus!

I'm not bragging! I'm gonna do a duel with someone who plays on immortal and need to know how to give him a beating before I surrender!

Top Bottom