Last notes 4.4.2

epicivfreak

Prince
I'm about to install the latest version & start a new game so here's the last of my comments & suggestions I noted during the last game.
  1. Cartographic Commissions might as well be called Pointless Commissions, because at least 90% of the time, it is literally impossible for me to reach that spot in the time allotted (these are Iconian’s Really Huge maps with Perfect World_3 Script & Marathon speed, btw, so that might be the issue.)
  2. It would be nice if there was a small penalty if you pledge to protect a city-state, but you don’t actually do it (like say -1 Influence every time a barbarian attacks them.) I think it’s fine when it comes to Civilizations, but barbarians can hurt too, especially with Raging Barbarians turned on (which I always do,) and event like Barbarian Horde. In a similar manner, if you protect a city-state by even attacking a barbarian near them, it seems you should get that same in bonuses (+1 influence.) This could even be extended to all city-states in all situations, to provide a more dynamic element to the game (which would be awesome) not just those city-states you pledge to protect, however, I know that would require a huge rewrite of the AI & this mod is all about working with the AI.
  3. All the Civs that have “The” in front of their names – can we get rid of that “The” so that they’ll actually be in alphabetical order? It’s just so pointless. I know either the Sapiens or Gaia mod already does this, btw, so it’s perhaps a simple copy/paste thing.
  4. I feel like military strength should increase happiness. I’m not sure if this is already happening somehow, but if it is, it isn’t immediately apparent & I just can’t find it. Perhaps every unit should add +1 happiness? Or maybe show how units add to happiness more easily?
  5. Founding a Pantheon – honestly, I just don’t want to anymore. There are too many that can make sense in too many situations. Can I just get an option to select the one the AI would choose in my situation? I’d be perfectly fine with automating this stuff at this point. In fact, if it can be automated, it should always be an option, no matter what the issue.
  6. Civilization Placement needs to be addressed regarding city-states, if possible. I feel like it’s way too often that I see a single City-State on an island which is clearly large enough for 2 or 3. Am I the only one that would rather see maritime city-states clustered on those islands?

For the founding a pantheon, they have a gold silver bronze trophy on them which is how the AI rates them. So just choose the gold one every time. Not quite automatic but takes out the thinking

For the founding a pantheon, they have a gold silver bronze trophy on them which is how the AI rates them. So just choose the gold one every time. Not quite automatic but takes out the thinking
Yeah, I'm not seeing that at all. I don't think I've ever seen that. Anyone know why that would be?

I feel like military strength should increase happiness. I’m not sure if this is already happening somehow, but if it is, it isn’t immediately apparent & I just can’t find it. Perhaps every unit should add +1 happiness? Or maybe show how units add to happiness more easily?
This is how crime used to work, which is now called something else. The problem is that needs are based on the needed yield divided by population. You have very few ways to increase city defense, but population can just keep growing. For civs with bonuses that give large cities, this could cause an unhappiness death spiral with no way out.
Founding a Pantheon – honestly, I just don’t want to anymore. There are too many that can make sense in too many situations. Can I just get an option to select the one the AI would choose in my situation? I’d be perfectly fine with automating this stuff at this point. In fact, if it can be automated, it should always be an option, no matter what the issue.
You’re either playing on an old version, haven’t noticed the new UI addition, or it’s broken somehow. At any rate @Enginseer has addressed this with his work on adding AI recommendations for beliefs.
Cartographic Commissions might as well be called Pointless Commissions, because at least 90% of the time, it is literally impossible for me to reach that spot in the time allotted (these are Iconian’s Really Huge maps with Perfect World_3 Script & Marathon speed, btw, so that might be the issue.)
Check the latest patch notes. This should no longer be a problem.
All the Civs that have “The” in front of their names – can we get rid of that “The” so that they’ll actually be in alphabetical order? It’s just so pointless. I know either the Sapiens or Gaia mod already does this, btw, so it’s perhaps a simple copy/paste thing
Sure. However, the civs are all organized by their leaders’ names in the civ select screen. The only place they appear ordered by the civ name is in the civilopedia, so this has almost no game impact.

You’re either playing on an old version, haven’t noticed the new UI addition, or it’s broken somehow. At any rate @Enginseer has addressed this with his work on adding AI recommendations for beliefs.
Well then, it must have been broken before somehow. I just did the install of 4.5, however, so I'll never know about the old one, since the cache was cleared and I saved over the old savefile by now. But, I just created my pantheon on 4.5 & I still didn't see these trophies.
Sure. However, the civs are all organized by their leaders’ names in the civ select screen. The only place they appear ordered by the civ name is in the civilopedia, so this has almost no game impact.
A minor issue, sure. However, when you go to the civilopedia, it's still an issue.

Last edited:
I'm about to install the latest version & start a new game so here's the last of my comments & suggestions I noted during the last game.
  1. Founding a Pantheon – honestly, I just don’t want to anymore. There are too many that can make sense in too many situations. Can I just get an option to select the one the AI would choose in my situation? I’d be perfectly fine with automating this stuff at this point. In fact, if it can be automated, it should always be an option, no matter what the issue.
So the AI usually makes "top 3 choices" for choosing beliefs including a pantheon. They should be displayed with a Gold Trophy icon -as their first pick, a silver trophy icon as their second pick, and a bronze trophy icon as their third pick. Difficulty-wise, the higher difficulties will always choose the gold trophy while the lower one will RNG "choose" one of the 3 best

So the AI usually makes "top 3 choices" for choosing beliefs including a pantheon. They should be displayed with a Gold Trophy icon -as their first pick, a silver trophy icon as their second pick, and a bronze trophy icon as their third pick. Difficulty-wise, the higher difficulties will always choose the gold trophy while the lower one will RNG "choose" one of the 3 best
I understood that. I've never seen that since at least 3.something. Granted, I do play with other mods, so there might be conflicts preventing that from happening. I know for sure, always play with Perfect World (updated), but beyond that, I can't say I've played with any other mods, along side Vox Populi, consistently.

I was able to see the trophies in 4.4.2, but not in 4.5. Maybe something is wrong on my end ?

Top Bottom