Latest Win 10 Build Drops Mouse?

EwanG

Chieftain
Thought I was having an issue with just one computer until I let the other one update to the latest build and now having the issue with that as well. Both systems are core i7 with one having an nVidia 770 and the other an nVidia 970. Both using Microsoft's Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo. When you load Civ V the screen with the text about the ratings where you are supposed to "Click to continue" comes up, but there is no visible mouse pointer/arrow. Clicking around enough can get you to the main menu, but still no pointer. It's as if it is forcing you into "touch" mode or something.
Just me? Or is anyone else experiencing this?

Per some other threads I have tried the following:

Use Direct X 9 instead - No good
Launch from the nVidia launcher - No good
Uninstall and reinstall Civ V - No good

May I presume I am SOL at this point?

Found the solution, though I'm not sure I understand WHY this works. First, turn off mouse/pointer trails. Then, disable the Realtek HD Audio Service. Doing both of those things has "fixed" the issue on both machines. Given that those had both worked until the latest Win 10 update, I'm not sure how to explain why it just now became a problem. In any case, I am now good for another few hundred hours of Civ V (until VI comes along).

Top Bottom