Launching my first civ: The Brazilians (version 1.0)

Just my preferences...

Leader: Vargas all the way, baby!!

Preferred government: Bagunça.

Shunned government: Any gov't that works.

Special Resource: Really hot babes.

UU: Pit Boy.

Cool, with the changes, however... I do disagree with the fact that you're mixing traits of Brazil back during the colonial times with feudalism and our contemporary Brazil. I personally believe that a mod or civ should stick to one period in the civ's history that revolves aroudn the leader that you are using, otherwise you could make Brazil or any Civ with almost all the traits, for example use colonial feudalism, with lula and the industrial development mainly starting in the 30s and an aggression of five during the dictatorships, meaning like I said, you could use almost any trait if you mix time periods.

Ok, I've fleshed my ideas out a bit more...

Leader: Fernando Color de Melo. [special ability: drains the treasury every 10 turns]

Preferred government: Bagunça. [coruption: rampant, worker rate: 50%]

Shunned government: Any gov't that works.

Special Resource: Really hot babes.

UU: Pit Boy. [special ability: Daddy's money (allows it to bribe other units easilly)].

New Citizen Types:

A) PM. Increases corruption and makes one citizen unhappy.

B) Baiano Worker. Produces no shields whatsoever.

New Improvement: Copacabana beach. [effects: can only be built by water; city produces no shields, but all citizens are happy]

hahaha!!!!:Deven though I am from bahia haha

there could be like a great or small wonder
Bangu 1:Disorder occurs every 5 turns(cellphones in the prison and the PM going into favelas to beat everyone until they find what they want)

Shunned Government: Any government with high taxes
Preferred Government: Anything that sounds inspiring(like promising to create jobs even though they know it won't happen)

Citizen Type:petista(Increases the amount of happy citizens by 1, unit and building maintenence costs twice as much(juros, forgot the english word)

Leader:Lula(twice as much as everything the petista does)

New Improvement:palacio da Alvorada or Congresso Nacional(Increases corruption by 10%)

just some ideas hahaha, not half as funny as yours

yeah yeah, I was being rather mean by saying that. But is it not true, south america had, in this century, lived under dictatorships and as such for much longer than under democracy/republic? A sad way to start our way to democracy.

On the Joke version... hmm... I find the Baiano worker a rather racist joke, and I tend not to apreciate it.
And not to seem as someone that has no sense of humor at all, for, hm, I have and I did find this funny... But, isn't it weird the way we seem unable to actually believe in anything that is brazilian? Hate mv-brasil (as they are fascist idiots with pathethic miscomceptions) but in one point they are right... we need more self respect. Wich is diferent from nationalism, before anyone assume anything.

Hail Vargas?
X_x

If there would be one brazilian to hail, I believe it would be FHC, he really helped the country while being president if you think about it. Many people are unsatisfied obviously cause when a president promises change, many people expect for brazil to have everyone to have a 1st world country life which is almost( maybe even) impossible within 4 or 8 years. Im satisfied with what FHC did I think he was the best of all the brazilian presidents, followed by JK.

I love Brazil, they are the home of the Angelfish and the Nion Tetra(And the Amazon River), two of the most popular Aquarium Fish.

Theyd be a good addition to World Map scenerios, since presently, the Incans have got the entire Continent to themselves!

I'm builing Brazilian, Argentine and Tupi civs, all them from South America, Inca are no more alone. I hope in months launch other civs, maybe others from South America.
Sword, the preview of Tupi and Argentine civs are available in CivFanatics, check it out.

regards from Brazil!

Where can I find these previews?

Are you by any chance making a mod which will add ALL of those S.American civs?

If so, I'll have you know, that you have my full suppost at least.

Some Suggestions:

1. I agree, represent modern day Brazil. I would say future Brazil, since I believe that in the future Brazil may one day become a superpower like the US(The country is large enough), but Civ doesn't have a 5th age, and thats a mod for another day.

2. If you have a mod which Brazil and the other S.America civs, make sure that you make a version of it that uses the world map, with correct starting locations.

South American has 14 countries, if I do one civ for country I'll have to almost two Civ upgade pack :D (08 for pack). There are a lof of work, maybe one day I can do that.

Sword, check http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=80264 for The Argentines and http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=78666 for The Tupis (most important race of Native Indians from easter South America).

My next S.A. civ will be Venezuela, but I have to finish Brazilians, Tupis, Argentines and Neanterdhals first, their UU and change all the leaderheads to 3D. Before Venezuela I think that I'll build other civs, one from North America, others from Africa and other parts of the World (Top Secret! :D )

Originally posted by lost
hahaha!!!!:Deven though I am from bahia haha

there could be like a great or small wonder
Bangu 1:Disorder occurs every 5 turns(cellphones in the prison and the PM going into favelas to beat everyone until they find what they want)

Shunned Government: Any government with high taxes
Preferred Government: Anything that sounds inspiring(like promising to create jobs even though they know it won't happen)

Citizen Type:petista(Increases the amount of happy citizens by 1, unit and building maintenence costs twice as much(juros, forgot the english word)

Leader:Lula(twice as much as everything the petista does)

New Improvement:palacio da Alvorada or Congresso Nacional(Increases corruption by 10%)

just some ideas hahaha, not half as funny as yours

Haha! I love the Petista Citizen!

Originally posted by lost
If there would be one brazilian to hail, I believe it would be FHC, he really helped the country while being president if you think about it. Many people are unsatisfied obviously cause when a president promises change, many people expect for brazil to have everyone to have a 1st world country life which is almost( maybe even) impossible within 4 or 8 years. Im satisfied with what FHC did I think he was the best of all the brazilian presidents, followed by JK.

I'm with you on FHC. I think he's the only president Brazil has had that was both a) good at his job and b) committed to democracy. But he's a bit too recent IMO. I like Vargas for the leader-head. I think he's the best known Brazilian president internationally and--love him or hate him--he did have a tremendous effect on Brazil.

For the capital, I like Salvador or Rio. Again, Brasilia is too recent. Also, if you think of the impact Brasilia has had on Brazil over its entire history and compare that to Salvador & Rio, then surely, Brasilia barely even warrants a mention.

I'll be glad if you use my Tupi Civ in North America Mod, here comes to report of Tupi civ:

- Animated leaderhead for 4 eras: 50% done (I'll finish this work on saturday 03/06, I hope, and post in CivFanatics).
- Civilopedia and icons: done!
- UU: 10% done, maybe tomorrow I can post it.

If you like, you can use Brazilians (1.0 version done and available in this forum) and Argentine (ready next week) too, I'm not sure if his mod just use native indians civ or also countries.

regards!

PS: If you want use just city names and make new animations, or just use the animations and use a new civilopedia... that okay too.

Hi Civarmy! I've got some news items for you today!

1. I'm using your Brazilian Civ in my up in coming mod, "ConquestsEnhanced", only I'm using Utahjazz's Hispanic Leaderhead.

2. R8XFT has created a 3-d fully animated(although non-era pacific) leaderhead for our version of the Tupi civ in the Native America mod, and would probably let you use it if you asked him nicely....

Keep up the good work by the way!

Originally posted by Sword_Of_Geddon
Hi Civarmy! I've got some news items for you today!

1. I'm using your Brazilian Civ in my up in coming mod, "ConquestsEnhanced", only I'm using Utahjazz's Hispanic Leaderhead.

2. R8XFT has created a 3-d fully animated(although non-era pacific) leaderhead for our version of the Tupi civ in the Native America mod, and would probably let you use it if you asked him nicely....

Keep up the good work by the way!

Thanks Sword! I'm gald that u are using another creation mine in another mod. Tell me what is the internet address of your mod, so I can check the progress and download it.
BTW, I created a huge American continent map (North + Latin), the address is http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=82487 , maybe this map could be used in N.A. mod. I also created a Latin American one (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=81937), maybe this one could be used in your new mod. U can check more maps made by myself going to http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=67319 , there are a relation of some maps from CivFanatics, some of them are made by myself.

Good luck with your new mod and congratulations about N.A. !!!

Top Bottom