[LP] Leader Pass: Duel of the Devs - 4/13 Livestream Event Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.

Announced during the 3/28 Rulers of England livestream, there will be a special event on 4/13 where Ed Beach (Civilization 6 Leader Designer) & Carl Harrison (Civilization 6 Junior Gameplay Desginer) will go head-to-head once again in a rematch for the ages.

Details are somewhat scant at the moment, however it was stated that the match would most likely be played on a small world with four civs total - two human, two AI. It appears that there will be an online fan vote to determine who amongst the Leader Pass leaders Ed & Carl will play as. A pool of four leaders was selected for both players from which the fans will vote on. The specific time and method for voting was not elaborated upon.

The first leader of each pull was decided by a blind draw of the hat from the Rulers of England pack. The second, third, and fourth leaders were then chosen by each player for their opponent in a back-and-forth selection process.

Ed drew Varangian Harald (Norway). Carl then chose Sundiata Keita (Mali), Ramses II (Egypt), & Julius Caesar (Rome) as the other three possible leaders for Ed.
Carl drew Elizabeth I (England). Ed then chose Ludwig II (Germany), Abraham Lincoln (America), & Age of Steam Victoria (England) as the other three possible leaders for Carl.

More information as it becomes available.

this is fun… really wish they’d also let us vote on the official site… No way I’m gonna subscribe to that crap that is twitter for the only reason of wanting to vote on this 🤬

anyways, hope carl gets vicky and ed gets sundiata 😂

I may be a savage re: understanding every mechanism in the game, but it annoys me badly in these streams when they save the kills for the city bombard…

I'm betting on it getting fixed before that. It's not like nobody noticed.

Sure, they could have fixed it late last week already, but they're probably waiting for a few things to get reported so they can push those fixes together. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Last edited:
To really use Caesar's power, ed needs to use time for destroying barb camps, which can distract from other duties. On the other hand the money could give a nice boost to war chest.

Hansa will be a powerful boost for Carl to get up a big army.

If I were Carl I would go for two Encampments to keep the great generals out of Ed's hands. Ed's not going to finish many wonders so you can get several +4 culture wonders out of those.

It will be similar to first duel ... Ed needs to go for early war, Carl needs to survive long enough.
Yeah, as far as I understand, it is rush or be overwhelmed situation. And what if there's no iron around Rome?

They could spice it up though and show off all their work at the same time. All modes on game with the current leader selection. For that one I'd bring popcorn and beer :)

carlbarian_resized.jpeg
ä

Carl "Carlbarian" Harrison is rage incarnate. The Architect's most powerful pupil, the ruthless Carlbarian looks to topple his teacher, and finally claim the throne. Will the student become the master?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom