LeaderHead Video cause LAG... i need static leader head

ibcoltscrew

Prince
I need to know HOW TO DISABLE THE VIDEO (ALL). or at least the one for the leaderhead... it's my only problem ...
everytime i meet someone, the game become very laggy ... like 2 fps... i have to go back to windows desktop then back in the game (whitout Quitting my current game):sad:
Athlon XP 3000+ running at 2.1ghz
1024 RAM 400mhz
GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128 DDR2
nothing in tray...

I have the same problem. Its sad because I can see how smooth the game would be, and then a video starts and until I exit the game is is like a slideshow.
System should handle it:
3 GHz P4
6800GT
1.5 Gigs ram

Ya me2 it is very smooth and eye candy but the leaderhead lag... usually meeting leader was my best part of the game... i like civ because of the political aspect... but with CIV4 and this bug, i'm not really enjoying like i would like to.

Hope they are going to fix this little bug.

Ditto here - only a little slowdown until the leaderhead. Then it nearly stops. 2.8G processor, 1.25G ram, geforce 5500 128 card.

Can someone say, "Memory leak"?

Ruffin said:
Ditto here - only a little slowdown until the leaderhead. Then it nearly stops. 2.8G processor, 1.25G ram, geforce 5500 128 card.

Can someone say, "Memory leak"?
Im almost sure it is your Nforce Drive...
Try this if you have a Nforce 1/2/3 motherboard
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10.html

this should fix the video issue of the leaderhead. Firaxis should included this in the minimum spec... Nforce 1/2/3 Driver v5.10

good luck
(all problem fix with Nforce 5.10)

Well, I don't have an NForce, but I have an Asus. Maybe updating my MB drivers will help - it is possible that it was some Asus driver thing that just happened to be included in the NForce update for you. That is what my hope is for the moment anyway, so just let me live with that glimmer for now ;)

ibcoltscrew said:
try the update and if it works, let us know, cause for me all my problem have been solve with the Nforce3 v5.10.

Looks like updating the Asus MB drivers solved my problems as well (although I did install service pack 2 as well - sorry for not isolating it totally). This was with a P4P800 Deluxe - not nforce, but I updated the intel chipset drivers.

I still have lots of problems, like zooming out past when you get clouds causes massive graphical errors and it grinds badly, but when I'm zoomed in to a reasonable level the game is very playable now.

the NoMovies option turns off wonder movies and religion founding movies but it doesn't turn off diplomacy animations. Still trying to figure out how to do that.

I want to make sure I'm downloading the right nvidia driver. I have an Asus A7N8X. I've double checked Asus' page, but they don't say for certain which driver to use with the board. Any suggestions?

I have the same trouble with a Geforce Fx 5650 I simply turn Anti Aliasing to 2 (It was at 0) and the game suddently become very playable...

Memory uses drop from 400 Mo to 87 Mo also...

It might work for you.

Did the anti-aliasing bit yesterday and it fixed the leaderhead problem. Now it lags badly after just a few moves, where it didn't before. Will try the driver when I get home from work.

Who needs tech support when there's a couple million people working on it already, right?

Edit: It's a Dell Dimension 3000, 2.8Ghz Pentium 4. Not sure what the motherboard is. It's an Intel chipset, but beyond that I won't be able to find out until I get home and look at it (working Sundays is sooo fun).

ibcoltscrew said:
Im almost sure it is your Nforce Drive...
Try this if you have a Nforce 1/2/3 motherboard
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10.html

this should fix the video issue of the leaderhead. Firaxis should included this in the minimum spec... Nforce 1/2/3 Driver v5.10

good luck
(all problem fix with Nforce 5.10)

ah, cool, so I'm not the first to find out how helpful this is... motherboard chipset issues seem to be at the root of this, as they are screwing over directX functions

joshjiggler said:
I want to make sure I'm downloading the right nvidia driver. I have an Asus A7N8X. I've double checked Asus' page, but they don't say for certain which driver to use with the board. Any suggestions?

I have the same board, and the nforce 1/2/3 driver posted above will work

I also have the A7N8X (Deluxe) and they use the NForce chipset even though they are Asus boards (check in your motherboard manual in the specs if you're in doubt). The NForce 5.10 is the "Motherboard Driver".

I can't say if it fixes or not (still waiting for the game, what have they got against Brits?), but seems like a few people here weren't sure on whether it was applicable to their asus board.

I just updated my motherboard drivers, hopped in the game and gave it a test run, and it worked perfectly for me. I would definetly say that this is part of the main problem. People elsewhere on the board seem to be having troubles with select nVidia graphics cards, so it makes sense that there might be a problem with nVidia based motherboards too.

*does a happy dance...*

Well I've been trying to find drivers for my motherboard for the last hour. First, I tried looking for the numbers in the bottom left corner during the boot sequence but nothing ever appeared. Then, I download Everest which seems to be a nice utility but for motherboard name it just tells me Dell Dimension 4600. I've googled dell dimension motherboard drivers and I've searched for them on dell with no luck. Closest thing I could find was a bios upgrade. Any chance someone could point me in the right direction for getting some motherboard drivers?

Top Bottom