Legal Copy of Civ I

dunk

Warlord
Has anyone recently purchased a legal copy of Civ I? I have been searching and all I can find is a big package of several games I don't want and Civ I. If so, where di you get it so I can get one too. :)

It is almost nowhere available as a single game, just in packages.

The only place where you will definitely find a copy is Ebay. I just did a quick search and found several auctions! Try that!
:D

In France it's still sold single. It's also sold bundled. So you have choice. But knowing that Civ Budget version is €15 whereas a compilation of 5 great strategy games (conquest of new world, max, railroad tycoon and something else) is €30, you might consider buying that and selling what you don't want! You can then (with a bit of luck) refund the €30, especially if you sell them separately ;)

The other game in the package is Heroes of might and magic. It is on the disc "Ultimate Strategy Archives" by Interplay.

I would definately recommend buying this, it is the disc I use.

I recently saw CIVNET go for 99cents on EBay. I have a couple new boxes of CIVNET to sell, paid $4 for each at KayBee. Will be putting on EBAY soon. Email me if intersted. I can give to you at cost. Maybe civfanatics should sponsor buying & selling old CIV games?!
BLAIR

Well, I won the auction for $1. It was $6 altogether since I paid for shipping which actually cost the person $4. She made a whopping $2 on that deal.

I own 1 copy of Civilisation 3

(hehe : and a pair of 5.25 floppies with civ 1 that I purchased back in early 94)

Come to think of it, I do have a legit copy of the Amiga version hanging round somewhere. Thats actually the version I played for most of the nineties till I finally got a pc when my Amiga died.
Really been meaning to get it repaired. Oh well.
Great thing about the Amiga version was it didnt seem to suffer from the population bug. (Was able to get up to about 2 or 3 hundred million in one game with no map corruption... (On Earth) )
btw: Was your Amiga version really slow when moving units?

To be honest, I have more copies of civilization than that. I just OWN 3. I figure it's okay to make illegal copies of the rest if I have a lisence. Heck, I can only play one at a time! Which reminds me, it's been a while since I've asked about version 145.03. Does anyone have a copy of this I can copy or does it even exist? Any thoughts would be helpful.

Isn't Civilization I freeware?

Civ1 is not freeware. And just a reminder to newcomers: because Civ1 is not freeware, we don't allow links to illegal downloads of Civ1 on CivFanatics. Any such links get edited by the moderator and the poster of the link gets permanently banned. Tough policy, I know, but everyone sticks to it... everyone who's still around that is. ;)

OK, then I won't say from wich page I downloaded that "freeware" game, but I can say that it is a big and serious page and I doubt they would publish freely a game that is not free.

Originally posted by Frodo Bolson
OK, then I won't say from wich page I downloaded that "freeware" game, but I can say that it is a big and serious page and I doubt they would publish freely a game that is not free.

Big and serious and ILLEGAL!!!! I don't care how serious they looked it is illegal. So, it appears the big and seious page is just trying to push games off as legal. If someone made a big page about how great murder is, could we all murder? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Frodo Bolson
I also know a big and serious french site that claims that they offer abandonware downloads. When you scroll through their games you see quite a lot of games that are old and very small but also civ2:eek: and I'm quite sure that's not abandoned!
The way a site looks says nothing about how legal their actions are.

Top Bottom