Like button (desperately needed!)

Ekolite

Deity
So maybe I'm just a facebook addict, but whenever I see a good or amusing post on this forum I have the insistent urge to like it. However much to my dismay each time I go to click the like button I remember, there is no like button. I think it is time CFC embraced the future and added a like button to posts to give recognition to some excellent posters and posts, and to satisfy that annoying little urge to publicly display how much I approve of them.

Might even remove spammy ''^^me too'' posts too.

:goodjob: like

If you're particularly impressed by a member or a post, drop a visitor message on their profile page or rate up the thread. That's much more personal and meaningful than just clicking a thumbs-up button. No need for Facebook crap here. :nope:

/end thread.

But really, we don't need it. I think a simple :goodjob: is fine.

But a fellow poster might want to show his/her support for another without a reply of a smiley. Everyone posting a thumbs-up smiley for support is far more spammy than a like button.

A lot of the times, there simply isn't anything to add to a fellow's post. So a "like" would make more sense than telling people to reply with a smiley.

I agree though: "we don't need it," :goodjob:

If you're particularly impressed by a member or a post, drop a visitor message on their profile page or rate up the thread. That's much more personal and meaningful than just clicking a thumbs-up button. No need for Facebook crap here. :nope:
Probably better to send a PM than visitor message. Trust me on that.

CFC is not Facebook and I don't want it to turn into Facebook.

I too am completely opposed to this because it doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.

CFC is not Facebook and I don't want it to turn into Facebook.

I sent you a friend request.

This is what I do. Doesn't call attention in the thread, but anyone looking at the profile can see that someone makes awesome posts needing calling out.

Considering the extreme difficulty in getting thread ratings in OT, there's no way this'll happen.

I think thread ratings accomplishes the same thing the OP wants but on a macro scale that makes it unnecessary. The only benefit I can see to it is it cuts down on the people doing nothing but posting a quote and saying "This." or something similar...Which speaking of, I would love to see the mods crack down on as a there is couple of users who do it quite often to my annoyance.

There is a massive difference between a post that I would like in order to show recognition of it, and a post that I would go out of my way to send the writer a PM to congratulate. A like button would fill a void there I think.

Eugh, lets all celebrate being negative. The "like" button is very useful. I bet those against it, don't even use facebook, so are basing their opinion on nothing but their imagination.

So many websites use such features now, its not a FB exclusive, nor did it even start there. It would be a very useful feature.

Eugh, lets all celebrate being negative. The "like" button is very useful. I bet those against it, don't even use facebook, so are basing their opinion on nothing but their imagination.
I don't use that abomination, and I'm darn tootin' proud of it. :D

So many websites use such features now, its not a FB exclusive, nor did it even start there. It would be a very useful feature.
Still, I don't like sites like this becoming "Facebookified". Facebook features belong in Facebook, and nowhere else. End of story.

Top Bottom