LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

The Gaelic Rite Church of the One

The Tuatha branch of the New World "religion" of Divotheism was, in many ways, quite distinct from that of its nearest cousins. Where peaceful coexistance had allowed for the development of a set doctrine of religious belief in neighboring countries, the Tuatha rarely paused long enough from war to sit down and decide what exactly it was that they believed.

As it was, beliefs varied greatly from region to region and even village to village. From the northern tribes who held that Sheolgh, God of death was as powerful as Dagda of the Round Shield, to the Coastal tribes who believed that Dagda of the Round Shield was the Almighty Lord of All Creation, the most common thing about the religion was that far more attention was given to the great acts of Men than mythologies about the Gods themselves.

Thus, it was that when the Oneist missionaries first arrived, they were given a mixed welcome. The Coastal tribes readily accepted Oneist beliefs as simply a more articulated explanation of their own gods. The lesser sky gods fell to the position of angels of the One and Dagda essentially became the One. The northern tribes, which happened to be the strongest militarily and housed the seat of the nominal government, had some issues reconciling their (standard among the Tuatha) reverence of Dagda (who was at very least God of War in all villages) alongside the fear of Sheolgh and this was remedied somewhat by quick talking southern tribesmen, but it could not be completely replaced. As such, it was in the north that the roots of the Gaelic Rite Church of the One began. They, for the most part, accepted that the One (and therefore Dagda) was the Almighty. They decided, however, that Sheolgh had to factor in somewhere. Eventually, it was declared Sheolgh must be the Great Adversary, the enemy of the One, ruler of the Burning Lands.

The ruling tribe adopted this new fusion and the a number of Chieftains adopted this new variation to gain favour with the ruling clan. A divide grew between those who accepted the fusion and those who did not. Some maintained that the lesser gods were more than angels, others that anything brought by foreigners was evil, citing the earlier attempts of the Eldists missionaries to convert the people from the Contest of Favour.

Things were coming to a head and the Cernach War Chief was ailing in his old age. His next steps would make or break the Tuatha.

((OOC: Its crappy but I needed to get something out fast to maintain some control on whats going on :p))

EDIT: Is all this okay Iggy?

Yep, it's okay. Though Connall's living an awfully long time...

To: Rebels

Very well, you have our attention. We gave you freedom of religion, representation, and not to mention trusted you as Veritasans. However, you chose to betray us in a moment of weakness. If you stand down now, you will have all those rights preserved, and we will inflict no damage upon you. All soldiers and officers will receive a full pardon.

If you refuse, however, what happened to Zibon will be nothing in comparison to the devestation of Sintonia. Keep in mind, we wish to preserve peace. You can have it now, or die in anguish.

Your hour has come again, Valins. No one can tolerate occupation, no matter how they are treated.

To: Sintonia

Worry not, for you are safe. We invite you to join the Pact of Blades, which is currently made up of me and Myocaca. The Bladeists must stick together to survive in a world opressed by Oneists.
We accept your invitation.

Ok, one question why did my soldiers not expand northwards and found my city on the religious site?

I forgot to mention nice update!!! I am a little nervous about all the huge empires around me. Good thing one of them is a close ally of me.

I will try and write another story about some more changes in my nation.

@Farow- Possibly an error on my part. I'll check when I do the stats, and if I forget again you have permission to hassle me from then on. ;)

Hmm... Just noticed that the believed Dark Age the Lengels would bring never came, instead now we have even greater Empires with four seperate powerful entities.

Gorin, UKKK, Bladeists, and Valins. Of sorts ;)

Yes, I am committing a sin.

Iggy, mind clearing you PM box? :(

Lord_Iggy said:
@Farow- Possibly an error on my part. I'll check when I do the stats, and if I forget again you have permission to hassle me from then on. ;)

Don't worry I do not need permission to hassle you if you forget :p

I agree with Alex I thought the cradle would be broken up into a bunch of smaller states after the Lengels fell bringing on a dark age. Sort of funny how the exact opposite happened :)

Rearranged to say "the Cernach War Chief" instead of "War Chief Cernach" thus its merely a descendant. I forgot that its been over 150 years since he was around :p

Yes, well, the fall of New Veritas caused a small dark age in the east of Terrania that still exists.

To: Sintonia

Excellent, we will arrange the date for the executions.

To: Myocaca

We were hasty in asking the Lengels to sell us Sempronia, perhaps. Are we to assume that you have declared war on us?

To: New Veritas

There will be no war unless you start it. And if you touch one hair on a Bladeist head, the Valin Kings will be the Valin DEAD!

OOC: Eliminating tariffs would be ridiculously out of context. Tariff-free trade didn't even exist as concept until the 1800s, and right now we're at the equivalent of around 400 BCE. Realistically, we could skip from 400 CE to 1500 CE, but that still leaves over a thousand years before free trade could be realistic.

In our world. But here, where the League of Valins streatching across three continents is possible, surely free trade is as well.

To: Kelios

To be more specific about what sort of deal we are proposing, we suggest, well, to put it plainly, a trade union, so that for all intents and purposes, our merchant ships are one and the same. Keloisan traders could expect preferential treatment at Norvalin ports, and be able to sell their goods without tariffs, and vica versa. Do we have an agreement?

@Lord Iggy-Will any Vertans or Telliums come to Norvalin in response to my call?

To: New Veritas

I recall a certain Senator offering his nations navy to help in the crushing of a rival nation specifically somewhere in my mind, hopefully we won't revisit that topic. We are not declaring war but merely stating that you angered us but we are very angry now.

OOC: For the record, the Valins don't have Kings swiss ;) I wonder if the below will do anything :mischief:

Guangfei formally announces general amnesty and clemency to all rebels, traitors and etc in the province of Qingdao and Shangei. The Emperor Kai also promises no retribution of any sorts against former subjects of the Empire.

The above shows the borders for Emor.

Additionally, The Head of State of UKKK will be granted the title; Protecter of the Emorians. To fullfill this title, the provinces that Myocaca and Swade gain control of will be autonomous provinces (with porous borders between northen and southern Emoria), and guaranteed the saftey of their culture, peoples and freedom of religion. UKKK will have a limited presense in these provinces, but will be granted full use of ports and other trade related things.

OCC: I had wuba and swiss worried heh :p

Signed,

His Holiness Ascendant Master Evern, Patriach of Bladeism, Vicar of the Blademaster, Supreme Pontiff of Swade, Primate of the Acendancy, Conquerer of Veritas, True Lengelzai of Cultesia, Sucessor of Wilipo, Inheriter of Creation

Also of note, the Holy Title of Ethnarch of the Emorians is granted to the Kings of the UKKK, until they choose to give it up or until it is revoked. An Ethnarch is the recognized ruler of an Ethnicity by the Acendancy.

From Croyodon
To UKKK

Croyodon would like permission for its merchants to trade with your borders and in return we would allow the same. Will you accept?

From Croyodon
To Skilv'so

We have been good allies in the past and we would trake to continue between our peoples which may have been interrupted due to the complications your nation has gone through lately. We basically just want to know are our merchants still welcome?

From Croyodon
To Skilv'so and UKKK

We are glad that you welcome our merchants and hope for continued good relations.

OCC: I guess trading falls under foriegn policy so it makes sense :)

Top Bottom