List of AI Stupidities

By far the biggest AI flub that I've seen was when barbs killed my settler (and civ) off in a turn after 4000 bc. with partisans, who spawned out of a goody hut.

I've also seen settler starts in places where no human life could possibly exist, such as a gigantic glacier continent, leading my civ to starve to death without a chance.

Know what you mean, but wait until a wooden ship kills off your iron clad. So much fun.

I've also seen settler starts in places where no human life could possibly exist, such as a gigantic glacier continent, leading my civ to starve to death without a chance.

Well, hunter gatherers could exist, eating woolly mammoth and elk and such...too bad you became sentient and tried to bring glory to your race :|.

For all of you who have had your Battleship sunk by an AI Trieme, were both units at full strength and Veteran when the battle started, or worse yet, was your Battleship a Veteran while the AI's Trieme was not?

Also, what version and patch of Civ II were you using when it happened?

Also, what was your level of gameplay (i.e. Chieftain, Warlord, ..., Diety)?

I was on Deity and both units were yellow-health. The Trireme was the aggressor. They were both vets as well. Really ticked me off.

Has anyone ever lost a Battleship (full strength) to an AI Trireme in Civ 2: TOT?

Never. Test of Time doesn't seem to have the same degree of AI stupidities that regular Civ II has.

Oh, and Test of Time doesn't have Battleships. The equivalent unit is the Shuttle, and it's quite good in combat.

Another stupid thing the AI does. Before you meet the civilisation, usually at the start of the game they attack your city or a unit with one of their triremes which is empty and of course they lose it. Why bother?

The AI in Civilization (I II III and IV) really doesn't have much in the way of strategy. It's better in cIV, but still!

I was playing Civ II and noticed something: The AI will defend all its important cities, that have wonders or good resources, but they never bother to properly garrison their border cities. Makes me wonder if they really try to defend or draw the city to defend the best out of a hat. :mad:

You leave cities wide open with no one defending them, the nation you are at war with can just walk in yet they go off and attack a barbarian or two instead

This annoys me more than anything else

AI's can launch nukes on any of your cities from anywhere! They don't run out of fuel?! (also there are no nearby carriers or airfields)

So effectively, their nukes are ALWAYS superior to your 16-space nukes. poo

Also I had a chariot kill my helicopter.... think about it... HOW THE HELL does a CHARIOT take down a modern-day helicopter?!

This annoys me more than anything else

AI's can launch nukes on any of your cities from anywhere! They don't run out of fuel?! (also there are no nearby carriers or airfields)

So effectively, their nukes are ALWAYS superior to your 16-space nukes. poo

Also I had a chariot kill my helicopter.... think about it... HOW THE HELL does a CHARIOT take down a modern-day helicopter?!

the chariot threw a spear at the pilot and crashed the helicopter

i Have never lost a tank/helicopter or other modern units to old ones, maybe i'm just lucky :D

a phalanx can pierce an armours fuel tank and then set it on fire causing the fuel tank to explode destroying the armour.

a chariot can throw a weapon at the helicopter pilot killing him and crashing the helicopter

Tank/phalanks=yeah, right
Chariot(or any ground unit)/Helicopter(or any air unit)= IMPOSSIBLE!
How could it even hit it?

Insurgents in Iraq are downing US helicopters as we speak with a combination of heavy machine guns and RPGs... CivII is an abstraction, but we could imagine something like the helicopter being on the ground when the chariot rolls over the hill and hand-to-hand combat ensues... happened a few times in Vietnam.

Top Bottom