Little help

Brancaleone

Warlord
So, two things i tried and couldnt do (game crashed, or just didnt worked) (and i searched in the forums)

1- i want to make lumbermill and workshop avaliable much earlier, it dosent need to be on a new tech, just make them avaliable with, lets say, bronze working or sailing. how to do that?

2- i dowloaded this scenario, which is great fun, but theres a damn time limit, too short! How i remove the time victory in a scenario?

thanks

:thumbsup: In answer to your first question in step by step order:

• C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Units
  • Then, use notepad or an XML Editor like Cooktop (freeware) http://www.xmlcooktop.com/ to open CIV4BuildInfos.xml.
  • Now find, <Type>BUILD_LUMBERMILL</Type> and look for; <PrereqTech>TECH_MACHINERY</PrereqTech> change this to; <PrereqTech>TECH_BRONZE_WORKING</PrereqTech>
  • Now save the file in XML format if using notepad and of course save it if your using an XML editor and load up your game.
You can do this with other improvements as well.

:viking:The answer to your second question go here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144414 (The CIV4 Save/Scenario/Map Editor)

I hope that helps and have fun. :king:

Sorry for the double post. You can open the Scenario with notepad and change the options in that. Sorry I just figured it out. Let me give you an example:

When you open the Scenario file this should be at the top of the screen

Speed=GAMESPEED_EPIC
Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
Era=ERA_ANCIENT
GameTurn=0
MaxTurns=1500
StartYear=-4000
Description=Map of the United States
Option=GAMEOPTION_PERMANENT_ALLIANCES
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIANS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING
Victory=VICTORY_TIME
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
Victory=VICTORY_DIPLOMATIC

If you want a longer game just change the number of turns.

Thanks!

Someone actually came, did a little research and took the time to answear my questions. :)

And how to disable tech trading... i tried to add Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECHNOLOGY_TRADING but nothing happened.

That's because it's called GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_TRADING.

Top Bottom