LizNES5: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying, And Love The Bomb

Notable Members of the Cabinet
of the Empire of Mexico

Minister of Foreign Affairs Ileana del Carmen Ortiz

Minister of Culture, Education, Sports, Science and Technology Adolfo López Mateos

Minister of Justice Pascual Díaz Ordaz Bolaños

Minister of the Interior Victoriano Orozco Álvarez

Minister of Health, Labor, and Welfare Emiliano Juárez

Minister of the Environment Álvaro Huerta

Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Isabel Aleman

Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Luis Portillo

Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Manuel Calles

Minister of Defense Maximino Camancho

Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications Lázaro Rodríguez

To: All My Various Admirers

I wouldn't be able to do it without you. Please direct any large sums of money, women of doubtful character or expensive cars to the Staten-Generaal. They'll know where to put it.

José Guadalupe Posada Retrospective

El Universal News said:

One of Posada's 'calaveras' prints

AGUASCALIENTES - In 1852, in Aguascalientes, not far from Mexico City, a great artist was born who would later die a poor, unknown man in 1913. His name was José Guadalupe Posada, and much of his work involved the printing of traditional Mexican scenes and styles, which still hold true today. His printmaking technique has also since been praised and glorified all over the world. Posada is known as a master printmaker, and worked with woodcut, intaglio, and various other forms of printmaking. His prolific printmaking was supplemented by penny broadsheets, leaflets, and pious and political illustrations, and his work was very popular during his time even if he himself was unknown. Posada is well-known for his calaveras, which are costumed skeleton characters. Posada used these characters for political and social satire. He brought to this world some of the most interesting observations of Mexico's political and cultural situations at the time, and did so via an extremely astute aesthetic vision.

It thus makes sense that the grand opening of the newly renovated Aguascalientes Museum of Art would feature a retrospective and a grand compiling of many of Posada's prints and illustrations. The Aguascalientes Museum of Art has existed for some time now, but its once-abandoned sister building, a small fort located a few blocks from the Museum of Art, has been renovated and turned into the Aguascalientes Rail Station, north of Mexico City. A beautiful gardened walkway now exists between the upper tier of the train station and the rooftop of the museum, serving as a new entrance to the museum and providing a unique architectural scene to the city. As such, the train station has been connected to much of the historical district and serves as a new beacon of culture. From Aguascalientes, the rail connects to Queretaro, and further south from there, Mexico City.

Private collectors and officials from the Ministry of Culture have come together to provide Mexico with this outstanding exhibition. Art critics worldwide have begun to rave about the exhibition, calling it one of the finest retrospectives of any Latin American artist in the twentieth century. They are also lauding the recognition the Ministries of Culture and Tourism have provided for Aguascalientes, by improving transportation links to the city and repairing damaged historical sites. Generous donations from private foundations have allowed the museum's opening week to be completely free of charge. The museum is always free to legal citizens of Aguascalientes and all students.

There is a more interesting, less obvious connection between Mexico's government and José Guadalupe Posada. During the Second Empire, a grandson of the corrupt Emperor Agustín I, a man named Miguel, followed in his father's footsteps and assisted the poor throughout Mexico. Like his father, he helped schools and libraries and even smuggled banned articles past military checkpoints. Some of those banned articles included the highly provocative prints of Posada. Posada was a quiet, unknown man, yet his voice was large and he was continuously hunted for by then-Emperor Alfaro II. Posada's prints painted a stark portrait of the empire at the time, ridiculing its corruption and unnecessary wars, while also criticizing its painful censorship and anti-culture programs.

Miguel Agustín found Posada, and assisted him in hiding from overly-curious government officials. In doing so, he obtained many prints and subsequently gave them to various members of the private sector in his will. Upon his death, Miguel Agustín's large cache of Posada prints were given to their respective owners. Yet now, those owners have gifted them to the Mexican government, feeling that it is what Miguel Agustín and Posada himself would have wanted. Posada's old home has also been renovated by the Ministry of Culture, and tours of it are available in connection to the Museum of Art.

The exhibition will be up until the end of the year. The charge is inexpensive and it is definitely worth a trip to Aguascalientes.

Aguascalientes Museum of Art

Update has started, slowly but surely. If you haven't gotten your orders in, you have a slight grace period... for now.

Starlife, I love your dedication already. Great to have you with us!

And also, should anyone be bored, feel free to update the wiki. I was rather enjoying what you guys have done. :p The link is in my sig.

You still haven't respond to my PM. Otherwise my orders would have been in several hours ago. At least respond to the diplomatic part. :please:

The Amsterdam Gazette
New Pop Sensation Sweeps the Netherlands!
The song "Friday" by heretofore-unknown singer Annemarie Hubrecht has become an overnight phenomenon throughout the Netherlands. While lambasted for its questionable lyrics, the style of the music is undeniable, and some argue that Ms. Hubrecht has redefined "modern ragtime" for the next decade. Whatever your opinion of the song is, you've certainly heard it by now, as it is played at cafes, dance halls and stores. In the song, Ms. Hubrecht specifically references her excitement for the prospect of "partying, partying yeah" and looks forward to the weekend, stating that "... I don't want this weekend to end". Some confusion has resulted from Ms. Hubrecht's name, which is shared with the notorious parliamentarian Hubrecht Meijer. Hubrecht, the Meijer family patriarch, released a statement earlier this week in response to a flood of letters from both admirers and critics of the song, stating that he is not in any way related to Ms. Hubrecht, and there is no need to "... hold my head under the water until the bubbles go 'blip blip'". Prime Minister De Vries said that "... Fridays are when I beat my interns' ambitions and dreams mercilessly into the ground. You go, girl."

OOC
ZeletDude linked this video to me, and I couldn't resist. Ignore that Fanny Goldberg was mentioned in the title and the song, and consider this facetious.

TheLizardKing said:
Starlife, I love your dedication already. Great to have you with us!

OOC: Thank you, TLK - kind of fun to do this journalism-esque writing style, which I don't really get a chance to do very often. One note. I would like a response to my diplo to the Yucatan (I think it is on the previous page). I know you responded to the first one, but I wrote back with a personal letter from my foreign minister. Sorry to be pesky about something as trivial as a foreign exchange program, but I feel it is really a symbol of friendship and quite important to my overall diplomatic overtures.

President Perez fears war in Caribbean will drag in the Estados Unidos de Colombia

José Rojas Pinilla, reporter for Colombian state television, Inravisión, stood rubbing his temples pacing back and forth in front of the wall of television screens. His camera-man, Óscar Pareja, was passed out in a chair next to him. His producer, René Valderamma was asking him questions he couldn’t seem to focus on. It was noon and his head was killing him. He had met with the president, Andrés Pérez, for drinks in the president’s hotel lounge and they had drank heavily until 7:30 am when José Rojas had had to catch a flight back to Bogotá. Almost five hours later and with only 2 hours sleep, he now found himself going through the footage of the informal interview the president had provided. The footage would be assembled during the day and at 6pm he would be back on camera, hopefully fully refreshed, to present the second part of the interview that had begun yesterday evening after the financial summit in México.

“Seriously René, just stop talking for a second. Let me think. A minute ago, or was it five, you asked me what I thought of him. To be honest, he’s a real pendejo. But he’s charismatic and charming. Even when you know he’s bending you over, he’s smiling away and you can’t help but like him. But yeah… a real cabrón. I mean, go to that still we have of him with the cigar. Yeah, that’s the one. Look at that f__cking poise. This is him when I arrive and I catch him talking to that puta from the syndicates.”

René was intrigued, “Yeah, you mentioned he was talking to Fernando Gaitán when you got there. What was that about?”

“Not sure, the pendejo pretends like I wouldn’t know who he is but I recognize him right away. He didn’t realize I was there at first so he keeps talking to him. Óscar got it on camera. Play the tape.”

<On the TV monitor a well-dressed but sleazy-looking man is leaning in towards the president. He speaks animatedly. A young woman is next to him, making eyes at the president.>

<The man is saying, “The telenovelas revolves around the Moreno family, a wealthy Maracaibo family in the oil and cattle-ranching industries. The series focuses on the baron J.R. Moreno who is a ruthless oil tycoon who cheats his one-time partner out of his share of the business. The show focuses on wealth, sex, intrigue, and power struggles. Ultimately each season ends with a major cliff-hanger. We’ve already got a cliff-hanger that revolves around the question, “Who shot J.R.?” We think its going to be extremely popular.>

<The president puffs on his cigar, “Pure trash. HA! Colombians will love it. Ah, José, my friend was just leaving, please, take his place, and let us complete your interview.”>

René looked worried, “So you think the rumors are true? The president is going to open the channels to private syndicates? For nine years, since television has come to Colombia, we, Inravisión, have been the only game in town. This is going to change things dramatically. And they want to fill the air-waves with this trash, this “Who shot J.R.” mierda? I am so happy I didn’t vote for him.”

The reporter rubbed his temples, “Who cares? We can talk about it later. Lets get this interview done and I can crash for a few hours before I go on camera.”

“Okay then, what did you talk about?”

The reporter rubs his temples again, “I started by congratulating him on the birth of his grandson and he seemed to be genuinely pleased by that. We then moved on to the financial summit and he quickly grew bored. There wasn’t much to say really that wasn’t already said. The Sitko-Quito cooperative is moving towards greater market integration. Big business is happy. Little companies are apprehensive. Its all in the papers anyway; there’s no story there.

“The whole time we’re talking we’re drinking and I tell you, René, that pendejo can drink. Its putting back these Mexican beers, ‘Deus Exuis’, like its going out of style, and he begins to indulge himself a bit more as he relaxes. A few ladies come by and he starts flirting with them not even bothering to hide his ring. He seems to forget the camera is on the whole time. So much for the family-man persona. Anyway, he got cruel at points too. Some sort of tourist, maybe a Californian, not sure, came in, looking for directions and Pérez calls him over, eager to provide directions. Get this. He tells him to head one way for a block, turn left, then follow that for another block, then turn left, then follow that for a block, then turn left, then follow that for a block. The tourist isn’t sure what to think and suddenly Pérez is laughing like a donkey and has his bodyguards throw him out. It was pretty cruel. We got that on tape too. I really can’t believe this guy sometimes. The crazy thing is that he’s so magnetic, his personality is so charismatic, you can’t help but enjoy yourself in his company and want to please him even if he does disgust you. Women especially; you should have seen the beautiful ladies that came by our table. I’ll tell you another story later about that… its not important for here or now.

“So anyway, back to the story… pass me those pills… yeah.. the blue ones… damm Deus Exuis… anyway, back to the report. I asked him next about the Carribean conflict. And remember by this time we’re both pretty gone so we might have to do a lot of voice-overs for both of us ‘cause when I looked at the footage all I heard was slurring and swearing. I’m actually pretty impressed with the grand pooba here; he figures that there is significant foreign involvement in the islands, presumably one of the Soviet nations is keen to export its ideology and that anyone involving themselves there has to absolutely consider that they are not only struggling with a domestic uprising but with foreign-sponsored domestic uprising. The up-side to that, from his point of view, is that a wedge could potentially be driven between the people and what could be branded ‘foreign ideology’. Ultimately the Carribean people have much more in common with the people of Colombia than any other nearby nation. They share language, religion, culture, a history of colonialism, and like us, are made up of diverse populations united by a common culture. So if things do go south, we might make use of that. But for now, the president figures we got enough troubles with the mess created by New England.”

René interrupts the reporter, “Yeah, I was hoping you’d get to that.”

“Yeah, so the president wasn’t sure that former president Custudio…

“Shame about that slander campaign…”

“I was talking man… Dammit- I do want to get some sleep right? Anyway, he says he wasn’t sure if she would be successful and her attempt, along with the Japanese one, looked like it was going to work for a short while but ultimately failed ‘cause the New English government didn’t want to give one old fashioned out of date fighter craft to Canada or some such mierda. Ol’ prez thinks it was an excuse and the New English governors were hoping for some miracle ‘i-win’ situation without realizing how badly screwed they really were.”

The camera-man Óscar, had apparently awakened, because he added, “Yeah, we got THAT gesture on tape. Of course, we can never play it if we want to keep our jobs and heads.”

José Rojas continues his report, “Yeah, that guy can be filthy but the thing is, we all laughed even though it wasn’t really funny- he’s just got that undeniable presence. Anyway, so with the fall-out from that negotiating debacle and Colombian governance on record as saying that the New English government is solely responsible for the war, the brass and military elite realize they have to provide support to poor beleaguered Maritime Provinces and next thing you know our boys are running into USA forces in Haiti. So this really, is what the president is worried about. We’ve agreed to protect Maritime territory in Haiti and make sure that some of its treasure gets back to the Maritimes to assist in its reconstruction but at the same time there’s this massive communist uprising going on and foreign, presumably soviet, funds and weapons are pouring into the islands. How long you think that’s going to stay on the other side of the Haitian border? Prez thinks not long, not long at all. He’s got all the military boys on high alert over there, our destroyers looking for foreign subs, patrolling beaches, etc. But ultimately they can’t intervene ‘cause the Carribean Republic didn’t invite us in, thank God, they invited the Confederates. The confederates? They got their own problems with that perculating racial tension and the whole ‘Civil Rights Movement’. Ever hear of Rosa Parks? Well, they have, they for damn sure have. Texas too of course. And that’s only gonna get worse with things progressing as they are in Africa. Anyway, they got their own problems but none-the-less are standing up to the USA on some issue involving a submarine. Prez don’t think there’s any chance of real war there but things could be messy. And some say, albeit not Pérez that a couple of the more adventurous European countries might decide to ‘punish’ the USA over the New England war… really though, its probably more about the USA leadership not rolling over for the big wigs across the pond. Anyway Pérez isn’t really worried about that but things do look shaky in North America and he’s not really sure what the Confeds are going to do in the Caribbean. Apparently he’s been in touch with their military brass, even offered to help them out a bit, but no requests have been made upon us so we aren’t getting directly involved. The thing is, regardless of if anyone invites us in or not, or regardless of if we even want to get involved, we ARE going to get involved. At least that’s the way Prez sees it. We just have too many assets over there and too much territory we got to watch. It’s a matter of when, not if. That is, unless the Confederates can cool things down and somehow kick the mystery foreign sponsors out.”

“So that’s our story then?”

“Yeah… what else? Resistance in Central America is pretty much coming to an end. Their leadership is divided and ineffective. Our troops are there in huge numbers and the people know it. Already many think of themselves as Colombians. That’s a story about waiting and waiting isn’t interesting. It sucks. No. We run the Carribean story. Anxiety and fear. That’ll get ‘em watching.”

The producer looks at the many television screens playing different parts of the interview and nods, “Alright, get some sleep. I need you back here in three hours. Make sure your brain works and don't worry about the TV-face; we'll get you some Colombian white to sort that out.”

As Óscar and José Rojas shuffle out, René grabs a pen and jots down a short running tittle. He looks down at the paper and smiles. It says, “President Perez fears war in Caribbean will drag in the Estados Unidos de Colombia”. Yeah, that’ll get them watching.

To President Perez
From Vice President Elect Gregory Home

I personally plan on creating channels for cooperation in pursuit of a resolution in the Caribbean. Your input would be appreciated.

More officially...

To Gran Colombia
From the Confederacy

We'd be honored if a cooperative approach between our nations were initiated to see a resolution in the Caribbean Crisis.

To Gran Colombia
From Mexico

As spoken by Economy said:
We are happy that the leadership of Gran Colombia has been sampling the marvelous beer Dos Equis. We hope for the continued imbibing of this refreshing, crisp, and light Mexican beverage for many years to come.

To: Mexico

Very well. We have held contests in some of our best schools. The ten students have been chosen. When do you want this exchange to be made, this year, or the next?

Very well. We have held contests in some of our best schools. The ten students have been chosen. When do you want this exchange to be made, this year, or the next?

Excellent. Next year would be more sufficient, as we can then better prepare for the students in the meantime.

Sounds good. Let's hope better relations will follow.

I am not continuing the thing on Claymore's foreign policy, at least not right now. However, I am going to be using the Beatles for a while.

The Guardian

Wembly Stadium to Host First UKFA Game; Concert at Halftime

Link to video.

Wembley Stadium, just refurbished in London, is going to hold the first ever game of the United Kingdom Football Association. The Football Association will be playing it's first season. It has it's roots in Alec Claymore's deep love for sport. The Prime Minister made organized sports one of the first thing on his agenda, for reasoning that is somewhat unclear. The game is highly anticipated, and the Arsenal F.C. will be hosting the first game, playing the visiting Manchester United.

The UKFA, along with the United Kingdom Rugby League, which will begin playing later this year, are part of an effort by the new Global government to unite the populace while also entertaining them. Prime Minister Claymore is planning on delivering a short speech before the highly anticipated and sold out game, and the elongated half time show will feature a new, but highly popular band, known as The Beatles. They will be playing their current chart topping single, "Twist and Shout," which is actually a cover of The Isley Brothers from the USMA.

President Elect O'Neill's Victory Speech

President Elect Jonathan J. O'Neill arrived in South Carolina earlier today, December 18th, 1962. He had been on the aircraft carrier, the CSS Johnston, when news of his victory was first disclosed; now, he returned to Dixie to speak, for the first time, as the new President of the Confederacy.

The affair was spur of the moment, and no real preparations had been made on this day, but nevertheless thousands of South Carolinians flooded the streets to hear his speech. It would be the first of many as President of the Confederacy.

O'Neill approached the podium silently. For a few seconds, he remained at the podium without speaking a word. After a brief time, however, he smiled brightly to the crowd, and said, "Howdy, folks!"

The crowd replied, "Howdy, Jack!"

He continued, "Before we start, I just wanna say: regardless of cliche` victory speeches or acceptances, I must admit, it is the highest honor and privilege to be elected to lead Dixie as President of the Confederacy. And it is to you, the men and women of the Confederacy, that I owe my thanks and appreciation. I can assure you, that I will fulfill my duties as President to the best of my abilities."

He paused before continuing, to allow cheering and applause to lessen. "I'd also like to extend a thank-you to all the foreign dignitaries that wished me congratulations after the election. It's great to know that we all have some friends in this world."

He pauses again for a moment. "These are tumultuous times. Once, we all noticed threats, such as Communism, as far, far distant entities that were, well, almost alien to us. Now, that threat is closer than ever. With the recent events in the Caribbean, there now exists a conspiracy to fully latch the Communist movement in the heartland of the free world.

"But Communism is just a word; the word itself cannot threaten us. There are foreign powers that strive, with the utmost of perseverance, to see the revolts in the Caribbean reach fruition, like a puppeteer playing with strings. They do not openly support the rebels. Instead, they remain discrete, working in the shadows to see their works come to pass. And, I'm afraid, I'm not just talking about the far Eastern Soviets.

"Now, thick about the recent attack on the Allatoona. Even disregarding the issues with the USMA, which will be solved through diplomatic channels, there was a foreign power, with significant military capabilities, that managed to deploy a submarine within Dixie waters to strike at our very shores.

"You see, the threat isn't Communism. That ideology is easily defeated through reason and common sense. The real threat is those powers that seek to destroy the Confederate will and way of life to fulfill their own plans."

The crowd is silent, contemplating the recent announcement and feeling an innate sense of apprehension for recent current events.

He continued, "I'm not trying to scare you. In fact, I'm not scared at all. We tend to be afraid of things we don't know. I can promise you that I will do not let the Dixie way of life be threatened by anyone. Remember, when your back's up against the wall and there's no tomorrow, just take one day at a time and remember, the bigger they are...etcetera, etcetera...

"As a nation, we're all content being left alone. But, I feel, that if any power seeks to threaten the sovereignty and independence of Dixie, we should meet that threat head on!"

The crowd cheers with great applause.

"Now, the Caribbean Crisis has taken a new turn, and that is not due to any failures on the part of the Caribbean Republic or our own forces. Foreign aid, in the millions, have been streaming into the Caribbean, making the current situation murky and volatile. Would be like bugs on a windshield, if you know what I mean.

"In that light, I will establish a new direction for the current state of the Caribbean, and one that may not need guns or bombs to work, though we have a lot of those, just in case. The current situation is far from tenable for both sides. I can assure you that my administration will look to new means for victory in the Caribbean that can satisfy all parties, but most of all, satisfy the Confederacy as well."

More applause.

"Economically, I will continue to work to advance the technology and sophistication of the Confederate industry and commerce, specifically in aeronautics and nuclear power. We are close to a day where all Dixie people will be within a moment's flight from one another, powered by an everlasting source of energy."

The crowd approves.

"Diplomatically, I will strengthen the bonds of friendship with our allies and partners. Together, we can stand tall in a world of violence and subterfuge. I will work to bring a settlement with our opponents that will ensure the safety and well being of the Confederacy. And, I will crush those that declare themselves as our enemy, those who seek to eradicate our nation from the planet."

The crowd begins to applause, but O'Neill speaks quickly again. "I have spent a lot of years in the service of my country. And I have seen some distasteful things. War isn't the answer; it's the last resort. But, I will not allow anyone to threaten the men and women and children of Dixie. Together, we stand taller than the Cumberland Mountains; together, we are louder than the crashing waves off the coast of the Outer Banks; together, we are stronger than all the waters of the Mississippi; and together, we shall prosper. Thank you all, and may God bless us all."

O'Neill leaves the podium as the crowd erupts into applause and cheers, waving flags and chanting, "Jack! Jack! Jack!"

Thousands Flooded The Streets To Welcome O'Neill to South Carolina.

An Exclusive Interview With Vice President Elect Gregory Home

In the wake of the victory speech of President Elect Jonathan J. O'Neill, Hound News arranged a sit down interview with Vice President Elect Gregory Home for his views about the upcoming administration of O'Neill.

Reporter Cynthia Chance: Thank you for your time, Vice President. I know you don't usually have these sort of interviews.

Gregory Home: Alrighty.

CC: The President and Vice President are often seen as a dynamic duo, where the personalities of the President and Vice President are often different; that difference, however, is the strength of the office. President Forrest and Vice President O'Neill displayed this characteristic, I mean, President Forrest loved his bombastic speeches and the national anthem blazing, while Vice President O'Neill is a more quiet, war room strategist. Do you see this sort of relationship in your partnership?

GH: That was probably the longest redundant question I have ever been asked. Of course we're different. Jack is a quiet guy, who loves bad jokes and fishing. I'm more outspoken -- I saw you smile there! -- and tell people how it is.

CC: Indeed. President Elect O'Neill's speech outlined the foundation for the administration, including the Caribbean Crisis. What's your viewpoint on the situation there?

GH: The Caribbean Crisis is an excellent example of the human herd mentality. The general public of the Caribbean -- you know, the people shooting guns and throwing bombs and speaking for revolution -- are being swayed by a covert group of fat cats. Those leaders are the real problem in the Caribbean. They're either the most selfish, greedy sonsofguns in the world, or they're morons. They have to be one or the other. I mean, if those leaders truly think they can create a Communist society in the Caribbean, they're idiots. What I think is going on, is that they are seeking personal wealth and political power at the expense of the general population. Hence, the former of the two. I wish the people of the Caribbean would realize that they are being played. Look at the foreign aid, streaming into the Caribbean by the millions of dollars. This foreign aid, from Communist sympathizers, displays their own uncertainty about their future. Look, if Communism worked, everyone would be communist, just as, if being a sausage maker was the best paying and most satisfying job in the world, everyone would be a sausage maker.

CC: So you're arguing that Communism can never work?

GH: If one communist were the only person in the world, then it'd work. Look, it's impossible to live life donating all your hard earned time and effort to the good of the greater state. I've the Vice President of the Confederacy, and I'm saying that! People work harder for themselves and their families than for the good of society. It's just a fact. There's an evolutionary imperative why we give a hoot about our family and friends. And there's an evolutionary imperative why we don't give a hoot about anybody else. If we loved all people indiscriminately, we couldn't function. The government is here to keep loose ends together, not to tell people how to run their lives. Communism fundamentally has to destroy freedom and self determination in order to function. You can't have free elections in a Communist state. You can't have personal property in a Communist state. See your shoes, there? In a Communist state, you wouldn't be allowed to own those. You'd send them to some bloke across the country who's too lazy to buy his own pair of shoes.

CC: Do you mean to say that there isn't any chance for diplomatic relations with a Communist nation?

GH: If I meant to say it, I would have said it. If you give me enough time, I'd be able to find a point to disagree for 99.99% of the people in the world. Just because I disagree with your choice of dress doesn't mean I hate you. I'd be more than willing to have a civil negotiation with Communist nations. Full diplomatic relations are not only a possibility, they're a necessity. But that doesn't mean we'd let them walk all over us.

CC: Another common question is the current diplomatic discourse with the USMA. What do you think of the current standoff over the Allatoona? Many people have expressed their concerns over the USMA's actions over the sinking. What is your interpretation?

GH: It doesn't take a genius to understand what's going on. Even a child can interpret the situation. Look, the USMA sent a squadron to steal the wreckage, even though they do not possess any sovereignty to do so. They must be covering up something.

CC: What about their claims that it was a New England submarine?

GH: If that were the case, then anyone in their right mind would want us to find the wreckage. If it were a New England sub, then we'd seek reparations from New England, and put pressure on them diplomatically, and maybe even side with the USMA. Since they are hiding the wreckage, it must mean one of two things: either it wasn't a New England submarine, or the USMA leaders are idiots. Either way, something is truly wrong here.

CC: Is there anything else you'd like to say, Vice President?

GH: Nope, not feeling anything.

CC: Thank you for your time, and we wish you the best of luck in your term.

Vice President Gregory Home.

To: The Confederacy and the World

As far as Russia is concerned, this Caribbean Crisis of which the world speaks is no more. The people have shown their overwhelming support for the establishment of the People's Republic of the Caribbean, and it is clear that they are the only legitimate government. The Republican Army is merely the shattered remains of the tyrannical regime that suppressed the Caribbean people. The people of the Caribbean have made their choice, and they have chosen communism. You so-called democracies seem to value the right of the citizen to choose the government, and yet you do not extend this right past your own borders. When the oppressive regime of the Caribbean Republic was overthrown by the people in favor of a communist government, you invade in a vain attempt to restore dictators to the government.

But now the revolution is over. The People's Republic of the Caribbean has established itself as the legitimate government, fully backed by the people. It has also been accepted as a member of the Comintern. Therefore, Russia calls on the Confederacy and all others who may seek to intervene in the Caribbean to end their aggressive attacks, unwanted as they are by the Caribbean people. Any further military attacks will serve no purpose but to cause suffering to the local population, and will be seen by Russia as an attack on the rightful government of the Caribbean. And as this country is a valuable ally to Russia and the Comintern, we will be forced to consider our options against the aggressor.

As a note, Russia has deployed her naval forces to the Caribbean to aid the PRC in forcing the surrender of the remainder of the Republican army, and to ensure that none of these criminals escape or are aided by foreign powers. Any attack on the Russian fleet will naturally be seen as a threat to Russian sovereignty.

Just so you all know, I am working on the update. Progress is being made, just expect 1963 and 64 to be bumpy in terms of time of update. I know some of you have been concerned. :p

Top Bottom