Locking Up in C3C/Rise of Rome

tcjsavannah

Wow, it's been a while...
Howdy folks.

I bought C3C and installed it. I ran the first Conquests! scenario with absolutely no problems, first as the Phoenicians (got my butt kicked) then as the Myceneans (won)...

So I went to the Romans next. After one game in which I started as Rome and played ~20 turns - i made the mistake of moving units without taking stock of just what exactly I had - I started a new game as Rome and encountered a situation where every fifth turn, the game would lock up on me. I'd have to ctrl-alt-delete my way out of it, then reload as the last autosaved year.

The first time it happened, I had a worker I was trying to move out of a city and it just froze. The second time, it froze during the AI's turn, and finally it froze once during combat resolution (it stuck the "your garrison is now a veteran!" popup on and it never went off.

a) Has this happened to anyone and b) can someone give me an idea as to why now? Did I just get a corrupt new scenario start and since I keep reloading it, am I knocking my head against a wall? Should I start anew?

Thanks for any insight.

Top Bottom