Lohrenswald has passed away

Synobun

Deity
A few of us via Discord and Twitter found out yesterday that Lohrenswald committed suicide back in February. He left a scheduled post (can't post it here due to its content) and it was confirmed by his ex.

I'm passing the news along here.

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
:(

Narz

keeping it real
That's beyond sad, I wish I could've done something

last post : https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-back-i-guess-it-depends.661485/post-16423820]

last thread : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/about-how-to-live-best.682370/

I've tried to create a suicide prevention thread on this forum but it got shut down, not to presume that some thread like that would make any difference (but if there was a 1% chance it would help one person it would be worthwhile) but it's a shame that some fear of legal liability (presumably if someone trolls on that thread) and I dunno, some weird idea that seeking help online would imply someone's not seeking other forms of professional help

Anyway RIP :(

Last edited:

Arakhor

Dremora Courtier
Super Moderator
Supporter
That's dreadful news. Deepest condolences to his family.

Gori the Grey

The Poster
So sad.

thetrooper

Misanthrope
Terrible news. We did not connect here to any meaningful extent but I know some of you did and to those please accept my condolences.

Snerk

Smeghead
Very very sad to hear about that. He posted a scheduled (as in it's been typed out earlier) tweet a couple of days announcing his death.

I liked him and we used to talk. But that's a while ago now. Everybody who followed him here knew about his depression and suicidal thoughts. I wish I had tried to reach out more. Even if just to say something cheesy he'd heard a million times before.

Hygro

soundcloud.com/hygro/
Very very sad to hear about that. He posted a scheduled (as in it's been typed out earlier) tweet a couple of days announcing his death.

I liked him and we used to talk. But that's a while ago now. Everybody who followed him here knew about his depression and suicidal thoughts. I wish I had tried to reach out more. Even if just to say something cheesy he'd heard a million times before.
I hadn’t seen his twitter until now ish. I saw the back from the grave post and I saw some from earlier, I didn’t see an announcement one.

danjuno

Can the circle be unbroken?
That's a gut-punch. Up until now I hadn't really been familiar with most of the folks here who've passed.

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
Moderator Action: Moved to a separate thread.

I've tried to create a suicide prevention thread on this forum but it got shut down, not to presume that some thread like that would make any difference (but if there was a 1% chance it would help one person it would be worthwhile) but it's a shame that some fear of legal liability (presumably if someone trolls on that thread) and I dunno, some weird idea that seeking help online would imply someone's not seeking other forms of professional help

Moderator Action: Please note that we do not allow the discussion of suicide due to a bunch of other reasons, which have mostly nothing to do with this. This has been discussed in SF already, and should not be discussed here please, as this therad should be about Lohrenswald. (inquiries via PM are permitted)

Last edited:

Thorgalaeg

Deity
Didn't know the guy at all but pretty terrible news. I would say to anyone with the same kind of issues stop looking for advice or help in internet forums and go to a psychologist/psychiatrist, not matter if it costs money. Money worth nothing.

warpus

In pork I trust
Damn, I don't even know what to say. I didn't know him well, but this makes me sad. His username is in my mind as one I remember from this forum.. which isn't saying much, but he was a familiar name, and that's got to count for something. He was a part of this community and this feels like a big loss as a result.

Condolences to those who were close to him.

Top Bottom