Lonely Hearts Club, BtS Edition, Chapter XL: Hammurabi

@dalamb

You should be able to get both SH and the GW before building your first settler. Initial tech path would be mining/myst/mas building a worker then SH and GW. I'd be very surprised if you didn't get both. Having the GW means you don't have to worry about military until you have contact with the other AI and they are able to reach your lands. So for a few hammers it saves you building military and if you don't hook up metal you can build warriors for very cheap garrison duty.

The GLh is an amazing wonder for isolated starts as it gives you 3 trade routes (once you have built enough coastal cities) and enables you to settle a few more cities before your tech rate dies. Note it goes obsolete at Corporation not Economics.

In the next LHC club (if R Rolo1 is nice enough to do one :)) and land permitting I'm going to try for early astro by GS bulbing. Basically you need to avoid opening paper/philo to do this and with the GLh watch your tech rate soar. :)

Thanks. The only games I tend to finish are the online ones so that will keep me going for a little while. :)

I've had another try, crap again, GLH went in 1690 BC..
Pyramids went in 1260 BC
I was beaten to Colossus, even though I took Metal casting from Oracle. delayed building Hanging Gardens.
Mansu Mansa, got Liberalism in 825 AD..took Astronomy, and teched Nationalism in under 12 turns, at Marathon. He was just a tech MONSTER.

Gave it away again, when he plonked a setter down on my land mass, from a Galleon. Couldn't compete with his tech rates. I was still struggling on Civil service along with the others.

Mansa was light years ahead of all others. Even though I ended up with 2 Scientists to lightbulb Astronomy this time.

May try again.

Never tried LHCs, so I start on Noble. Forgive me if I lose hopelessly. Nice start though.

Checkpoint 1- 1500 BC exactly.

Spoiler :
I thought I would settle in place, wonderspam SHenge and GWall. After settling about 1/3 of the Lonely Continent, I would begin on the Mids. But by that time I had already explored the Continent. So here we go.

Start by SIP-

Very nice cottage OR production land. In this one I went with Production and farmed the FPs. Started Myst- Mason- Pottery- Polytheism- Priesthood (what am I doing?)- Mining- BW- AH.

Heere we gooo-

And forgot to screenie GW.

I am SURE the game knew I was isolated so it could torture me-

Oh well. Founded a new city, which has Cows, Wheetabix, and cottageable rivers. I realized the SECOND I clicked I could not levee it. That's life.

My warrior killed someone, and was rewarded by that person's tribe with experience. He is now Woodsman II, and on his way to become a Medic someday.

Prophet bounces up. I have no religions and nothing to do with him (I somehow don't want to bulb Meditation) so I settle him in Babylon.

Settle my last city pre-Mids and so end the segment. I have seen all the Continent. It isn't really that bad- lots of silk. I plan to get Rep, expand into the Continent, and use Citizens as +3 beaker sources so I can grab CoL. My current building priorities are two new workers, the Mids, and six more settlers. Then I can assess whether I will need more, or if 9 cities will fit. The Continent, including the new and unspellable city (you can see my recent city plans, can I get some advice on more?):

I hope I didn't come too late.

Riiiight, checkpoint two. I have a tech lead but nothing huge. And one AI is truly pathetic... To 1250 AD.

Spoiler :
Well, I started off by building, and building. This is gonna be pretty graphix heavy for me. Founded a city:

Yes, yes, I know, I haven't built the mids yet blah blah. Whatever!

I haven't got a clue what this pic is. Let's see!

Okay, just an empire screenie of me building mids. Also me teching monotheism (????) and Iron in Dur-Kurzibazigazintzzzz.

There they are!

And switch to Rep.

More building, this time with a strangely Hellenic temple founding Christianity:

Waah! Settle in Babylon for +3C and +12E. Should really have built Scotland.

Now for SettlerSpam:

As well as founding Confu-

Three more cities, in mediocre locations, are built after this. I forgot to convert at all to anything, or even switch out of Paganism. So, when it comes, I will adopt FR.

And it came quite quickly.

Chichen Itza founded later, by us. It’s a good life.

Heeeeeere they coooooome!!!!!!

He has scary power ratings, by the way. I smell Knights soon.

Just as scary.

What’s wrong, Mansa???? Where are your techs?

He is currently going to be first on the chopping block.

No.... he is....

WHOA!!!

Anyway, I TTTLY PWN EVERY1!!!! 1337!

Well.... sort of....

Last AI and end.

Oh, just realized I have no Charlie pic. Well, he's there.

Top Bottom