long battles

lordmacroer

Warlord
In the previous civ games, you could just click the "quick combat option" and battles would be compleated instantly, which is great because I dont care about what happens during the battle, only the result.

But i looked everywere and pressed every combination of buttons but i just cannot find the quick battle option for civilization revolution. Its starting to affect my game play because before every battle, even if it is just warrior vs barbarian, i think to myself "do i realy want to wait for this battle?". Its a pain in the kneck i just want my guys to kill the opponent or die honorabley.

I figure that they dont let you hurry the battles because there is a "retreat" option, but that is kinda dumb because why would someone send their units into a battle if they are just gonna retreat from it?

Someone please help me!

Because sometimes when they attack a city, or other units they are stronger then them. But if you have a bunch of units, you could send 2 units in, then retreat so that the 3rd unit can come and destroy the superior unit.

i guess that makes sence

But what if i know that i am not going to want to flee, like if i am attacking a barbarian or a unit in the open that i know i can defeat? Is there anything you can do to speed up the battle? I nottice that in multiplayer the battles are a bit faster, but how can you get that battle speed in single player?

You can't. Battles don't take long, maybe 5 seconds. The problem with the computer version is that you have overwhelming amounts of units, while in Civ Rev, you have significantly less units, because you can form armies.

Have you tried selecting all units and right click at the enemy units?

I did this once with couple of units selected and I got the battle results immediately for both of them.

thanks Moshe, if i ever get the computer version, then that will be a big help.

Does anyone know how to make battles go quicker for the xbox360 version?

On the DS, you can hit the "A" button I believe to "Skip Battle". It is handy, and I can't imagine they would offer that on the DS but not on the other platforms...

Top Bottom