Long game freezes when starting a game in a later era or when adding techs from the world builder

code99

Warlord
If you start the game in the industrial era (this is what i used to test this) and then click on the industrial era lifestyle research the game will freeze for several seconds (even up to a minute).

It unfreezes at some point and then any action that you take, entering a city to build something, leaving the city screen, upgrading a unit etc (almost any action), the game freezes again for a while.

I first discovered this when i was playing around in the world builder and I had given myself techs up to atomic era. When I tried clicking on the atomic era lifestyle tech, teh game froze and any subsequent actions had the same behavior.

I know this probably doesnt affect many people but I thought to post it anyway, maybe someone can take a look at the issue.
I also know that you are supposed to play from prehistoric but in earlier versions of the mod this wasnt an issue.

EDIT: Im on latest SVN

@raxo2222
Are you sure about that? Drawing a few lines shouldn't take alot of processing time.
Yes, if there is over >>1000 lines, then it causes lag (tech taking more than 1000 turns to research due to late era start).
Start in Atomic or later era on Settler/Ultrafast.

And then try again on Noble/Eternity and upscaled research cost game option.

4356 lines on Atomic/Settler/Ultrafast is fine (with upscaled cost).
Game freezes with 436 512 lines on Atomic/Noble/Eternity.

So I think problems start if it takes >>10 000 turns to research tech.

Last edited:
Is there something that I could do on my own to fix this until it gets properly fixed?
Idk, delete a file, modify something ... ?

I kinda want to mess around in a game but this issue is preventing me to do that

Is there something that I could do on my own to fix this until it gets properly fixed?
Idk, delete a file, modify something ... ?

I kinda want to mess around in a game but this issue is preventing me to do that
Test things on Ultrafast/Settler.
This way you get shortest research times - and least amount of green ticks.

This issue is now fixed on Github and SVN.
These ticks aren't rendered if it takes more than 100 turns to research.

Last edited:
Top Bottom