Long Winded Changes (LWC) Mod

I am playing a slightly modded DyP for the first time and like a lot of the additions but believe on my very limited experience that it actually makes the game too easy - heading for by far my easiest win on Emperor ever. Until now, had always played the LWC mod as I too liked the extra units (although I missed the Mighty Horsemen in the last version or two). I can mod the DyP to make it tougher for me (it is now too easy to be getting advances in three turns while still running a gold surplus of 1000+/turn but those things are easy to change with the editor) but adding units has always been a little beyond my capabilities. I am going to second Daara's request (to J.C.Woodman) re posting of his combined mod. Would love to give it a whirl.

See attachment to LWC patch for v1.29f

Attachments

• pediaicons.zip
    9 KB · Views: 342
Anglophile,

Which version of DyP are you playing and what modifications did you make to it? I am curious whether it wsa your changes or the mod itself that made it so easy.

thanks,

Kal-El, was going to give a summary of my game to date on the DyP thread; know you like the feedback; will do so in next day or so.

Originally posted by muxec
See attachment to LWC patch for v1.29f

I finally had the chanceto try out the new pediaicon.txt file, but halfway through oading an message came up with just a circle to click-and-continue. I clicked it and the whole program closed :( Any ideas? Is anyone using the LWC mod with the 1.29 patch?

Daaraa,
This morning I am playing LWC6 on Civ3 v1.29f without any problems or error messages. I have played to 10 AD on huge map against 12 other Civs. Been able to construct LWC improvements and units (Shrines/Coracles) without incident.
I unzipped patch into the Civ3 Text folder, which overwrote the pediaicons.txt file. I used winzip application for extraction.

Muxec, thank you for supplying this patch. I only play LWC and I really appreciate your efforts here. I had stopped playing Civ3 since Plutarc bugged out (watch, he'll be all over the credits in Civ4, and rightly so) waiting for 1.29f from Firaxis. Thanks again.

Starship;

Well said.

I too, think Plutarc is owed a huge, huge thank you from all of us "and" Firaxis.

Ok, I must have done something wrong.

I intalled the 1.29 patch.
I then unzipped the LWCerp6
I then unzipped the pediaicons.zip file in the text folder.

The whole game crashes.

Should I switch items 1 and 2 ?

Okay, I can't get LWC to work either.

Here is what I did...

Fresh install of Civ3, 1.29f patch, LWC ERP6, LWC_ERP Unit Animations, LWC_ERP Buildicons, LWC ERP 1.29f patch above.

Now, the game will load up, I select "load scenario" then I go ahead and select my civ/map type etc... and upon the game creating the world and loading the game, and configuring AI players etc... the game crashes. Has some sort of illegal operation.

Suggestions?

G-A : I also end up with problems in trying to start up a non-LWC game. I think it is just the order in which we are installing things.
BTW - Welcome to the forum :)

Daaraa,
Here are the procedures I tood to install LWC ERP6 patch v1.29f:
1. uninstall Civ3 from your hard drive
2. delete all remaining Civ3 folders and files form you hard drive
3. run RegClean4.1 utility (free download from Microsoft)
4. run scan disk on your hard drive
5. reboot your pc
6. install Civ3 to your hard drive
7. install Civ3 v1.29f patch
8. install LWC ERP6 scenario (important note: I do not install the LWC_ERP animations or the LWC_ERP Buildicons)
9. install the LWC_ERP6 v1.29f patch
This is exactly what I did and it's working for me.
I have also been able to modify the LWC_ERP6 scenario on the v1.29f Civ3 editor application. Hope this helps
9. install

Sorry for the lame question, but in the 1.29f compatible version of the mod there is no diplomacy?

where can I download theLWC ERP6 patch and other files??

I had a complete hard drive crash. I lost all my files & my bookmarks to those web sites...

thankz for any help.
if you can e-mail me the links.....

ds6161@wmconnect.com

where are the erp 6 and patches? They are not on plutarks main site.

Any progress being made on this mod recently? The main lwc site is down and I really wanna get the unit graphics and the latest version. Any help would be great.

Hello

I installed lwc_erp5.zip and now I have errors in pediaicons.txt. Civ 3 refuses to work until I fix them.

Could someone please email me a copy of thier pediaicons.txt so I can get Civ 3 back up again?

Thanks,
Jonathan
jonberling at yahoo dot com

Top Bottom