Looking Feedback for My Unique building Idea for Custom Civ

Discussion has moved here, includes the building i need help with as well as the other parts of the civilizations
http://forums.civfanatics.com/threa...eedback-on-uu-ub-ai-coding-and-images.599592/

EDIT: Original Building Scrapped!!!

(the other idea has been put on the back burner unless i make a two UB civ which i dont want to do unless i did it for all civs or atleast 18 for a world map)

thankls everyone for the feedback,it will be going into my mod ideas but not the current civ i am making right now

Last edited:
If you think it leans religious use priesthood. That puts it in competition with some of the necessary worker techs.

i was actually thinking of that one, the only reason i didnt is mainly because as i mainly play earth maps and start in the americas i dont research the two early religious techs until way later because most of the Afro-eurasian civs will hate me and my religion

but then im only thinking of my strategy and want to make a Balanced Realistic Civ so im thinking this is probably the Tech i will use

Yeah, there should be some type of negative to partially balance out it's advantage.
The earlier you want it means sidetracking research from other important techs.
It will really encourage Oracle, not that it needs additional encouragement.

Early in the game, working hammers are already limitied so the odds are it will be whipped or chopped so a couple more hammers isn't really going to matter much. In effect making it more likely that you will need BW on top of priesthood to build it.

Earlier access to the GE points is a strong perk, and the Colossus possibility is good too, so putting the Council Fire on a normally-unpopular tech might be good. If religious what about monotheism? Or Iron Working would keep it metal-related and is also another unpopular early tech. Maybe those are too late though?

Or make it sort of like Jaguars or dogs, make it easier to get but balanced with weakness and/or cheapness. E.g. a 90H no-unhealth forge available at mysticism, maybe put 1 culture on it like the terrace, maybe nerf it by removing the GE slot. Perhaps all depends on the actual history behind the building it what would best capture that.

Religion-Miltary-little bit science-little bit government type of building (depends on way it was used)...
Walls (kind of defence structure because above area) with +10% science ("some kind of early Observatory") or +1 Happiness (some kind of "Temple").

Religion-Miltary-little bit science-little bit government type of building (depends on way it was used)...
Walls (kind of defence structure because above area) with +10% science ("some kind of early Observatory") or +1 Happiness (some kind of "Temple").

Was that idea for the Mound building? if you can respond in this thread as i am looking for feed back and assistance for more aspects of the civ than just the building.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/threa...eedback-on-uu-ub-ai-coding-and-images.599592/

now while i like that idea here's the problem, my civs unique unit is a musketman and arent walls obseleted by gunpowder or rifling tech, seems wrong to have no access to the unit and building at the same time, especially if i started a middle ages game or something along those lines

(and again please respond in my new thread for the whole civilization not this one)

Last edited:
and arent walls obseleted by gunpowder or rifling tech
No, the relevant units (Musketmen, Cuirassiers, Modern Armour, Gunships, et cetera) simply all have a tag that makes them ignore defensive bonuses like Walls:

<bIgnoreBuildingDefense>1</bIgnoreBuildingDefense>

originally due to the wording in game i thought it also obsoleted walls already build, but after checking the xml it doesnt obselete them but makes them unable to be built

but either way i have decided to make the unique building replace courthouse
other than that im not sure what effect to give them

the other courthouse unique buildings do everything from reducing whipping anger (which i dont need and doesnt fit the civ) , being built from an earlier tech (Maybe), to increasing the maintenance reduction (Highly Tempting)
the first two also decrease the hammer cost

im unsure what to give them so far my ideas are:
Culture bonus, Increased Maintenance Reduction, Production Bonus, Earlier Tech, Defense Bonus

You can, if you wish, simply make your unique wall not go obsolete, by the way.

You can, if you wish, simply make your unique wall not go obsolete, by the way.

i figured this one out as well, im new to modding but im a fast learner and am digging up stuff pretty fast, just found all the unsused Style units and am implementing them now.

however for the purpose of the Unique building in its historical use i think courthouse will better suit it.

thank you though i need all the help with coding knowledge that i can get

Top Bottom