Looking for a Map: A "Terra" map that is not as cramped

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
So I really enjoy the "New World" expansion experience of terra type maps. However, because all of the civs are so cramped on the original continent I find the early game is more "war and survival" than I would like.

Are there any good maps that offer a middle option. Something like a 3 continent scenario where the civs are on two continents but the third one is open for late game exploration, or something like that.

Basically I would like the same mid game expansion phase as a Terra map without requiring a strong early game war to survive phase.

Are there any such maps people could recommend?

Change to low sea, you get more landmass and a bit less tension.

You'll need 3 ocean rifts for this. Not unimplementable, but there could be issues. Tagging @tu_79 for help.

You'll need 3 ocean rifts for this. Not unimplementable, but there could be issues. Tagging @tu_79 for help.
Actually, it's quite easy. In the rift function there are two values. One is the size of the impassable ocean, the other is the the extra ocean size where mid oceanic islands may happen. You can set rift size to three, the only issue is small continents like Greenland are less likely to be formed.

Anyways, I think Communitu has a rift size of two, so you need Great Lighthouse for discovering new lands.

3 rifts, not 3 rift width. Can you reliably add extra rifts to the map (horizontal works too) without unbalancing landmass size excessively?

3 rifts, not 3 rift width. Can you reliably add extra rifts to the map (horizontal works too) without unbalancing landmass size excessively?
I see.

It's possible, but we have to change the shapes of the oceans, and widen the horizontal rift so there can be a couple of impassable tiles. If you want it reliable, it's gonna be ugly.

Another option is to make a wider pacific ocean, with an increased mass probability so it creates intercontinental big islands, almost a small continent, and make sure the gap is wide enough to prevent trirremes. That will create three vertical stripped continents. Since the size of the ocean can be made percentual, the size of the intercontinental landmass will be pretty much the same across maps.

Top Bottom