[TOT] Looking for Lua Rosetta stone

Konig15

Warlord
Last year I said I was gonna give a crack as translating Outremer to TOT and Lua as a training exercise. And I realize looking at stuff I don't understand grammar of any kind, or the IPA pronunciation guide. Can't even comprehend it. So instead of trying to figure out the 'phonetics' of a programing language I thought I might do a template conversion.

I assembled a bunch of events from vanilla I need to see translated into Lua equivalents. Right now certainly I have no desire to do anything complex, especially as the first version of the Lua end is going to be only translations of the original event folder. Now, not nearly all TOT vanilla event triggers and outcomes are in Outremer, so I mined some other scenarios to try and get a broad template sample to see how various events are stitched together. I figure if I can see the old event structure and it's exact Lua conversion I can at least copy, paste and modify my way from complete illiteracy to merely functional illiteracy. And then I could finally, FINALLY get to work on everything else.

Would someone be willing to translate these into Lua so I get my Rosetta Stone? I'm real tired of being all talk, but I need help.

Attachments

• Events sample.docx
    16.4 KB · Views: 14
I'd very much encourage you to use Prof. Garfields Lua template. Several of us are familiar with it and can help. It's based on several years worth of projects and experiences helping several designers with no or limited prior coding experience. Believe it or not, it's also easier to use than what you're seeking. Poke around with Hinge of Fate and try adding in some other events to see how it works together... Happy to help with that.

Edit - TNO also included a rosetta stone of sorts in the lua folder. "Migrating events to lua.txt"

Last edited:
Top Bottom