looking for vanilla game

I've never played multiplayer, so I'm not sure what the best options would be. I assume that enabling all victory conditions would be the best. Playing with 3 teams of 2 also sounds like a fun variant.

Hey Guys

Count me in :)

I will probably suck though :/

Based in the UK, should be able to send at least a turn a day, of course it depends on when the turn arrives

I have CIV 4 for the mac and PC, playing on my mac would be the preference

Darren

Darren, what is your e-mail address so that I can send you a 3-person Duel test game from my PC to see if it works on your Mac. Once you've played your turn, post it here for Haggisman to try on his PC.

My email address is: mitchkettrick at hotmail dot com.

By the way, be sure to set your own password when you first start.

I also got a PM from Eclipse4449 and he will likely play.

Thanks for pointing me here!
my e-mail is eclipse4449 at yahoo dot com

I am up for any setting in this (vanilla) game, but have found in my experience that continents in a way take from the fun, it is hands down less interesting without all the humans constantly bumping into each other like on a Pangea map or ships in a sea of islands.

My goal is to play the Vanilla Scenario "Desert War" with 4 or 5 humans and actually role play your leader as the battles rage, You don't loose players for the lack of interest this way.

look here for an example;
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=219969&page=17

Your game looks interesting. I've never played MP before, so I was thinking that my first game would be a generic (i.e. non-scenario) game to get my feet wet. Of course, I'm open to whatever the group wants to do.

BTW, looking at your "Happy Trails" link was strange for me. It's been so long since I've played Civ III that I barely remember the details of how the game is played.

A generic game is good with me too.
1 Now lets discuss the setup(era, Map type, etc.),
2 Player location
3 Time of day you play, for player order,
4 Whether or not each player will be a ramdom Leader or pick preference.

Here are my votes:
1. Start in ancient era (4000 BC). I don't care too much about the map type, but I think a pangea would lead to a quicker game.
2. Random player location
3. I can play my turns from 8AM to 5PM and/or 8PM to 10 PM San Diego time.
4. I'm open for random or preference

Tech trading: I vote 'Yes'

Barbarians: Normal

All victory conditions enabled: Yes

Seeing as ive not played any multiplayer before, i vote for anything :)

be prepared to weep, as you see how bad i am :)

Darren

Darren on a pbem you get just one single turn, while you have it ensure your workers are working on the proper grid square ei. for food, hammers or gold the rest is no diferent than in single player mode. Try not to allow the city manager to manage things for you (this is on bottom right of screen).
when you fight use the hills trees and rivers to your advantage.

Seeing as ive not played any multiplayer before, i vote for anything :)

be prepared to weep, as you see how bad i am :)

Darren

Hey Guys

as per previous post UK based, will be able to play evenings during the week assuming the turn has arrived, weekends vary on when im around but if a turn arrives i should be able to play my turn and send it on

for email i use yahoo.co.uk with the first bit being darren_jones11

for map i would choose one big continent to make sure we all meet up, ive not really ever played the scenarious just a standard game

Darren

Starting with 4 sounds fine to me. Did we lose Haggisman already?

One big continent = pangea. Should we just have our 4 civs? Or should we have a few AI controlled civs too?

Top Bottom