Looking to start playing multiplayer

Jon the Bastard

Warlord
Hello everyone! I've been playing Civilization since Civ III; but, I've never played multiplayer online. I played plenty of hotseat games in Civ IV when I was in high school. Now, though, all my friends are in different places and don't play Civ V. I would like to start playing some Civ V online with other people. Is there anyone that can help me out? Anyone willing to play a few matches?

it all depends on the kind on match you are interested in

if some "for the lul" 145 ffa or something then you dont need much help

the game starts changing a lot if you play some more "competitive" game like 1 v1 or something that differs a lot from single player cause its much more rushing and production and war than the rest

just try it out and find your road

also check out the MP league, civplayers.com

Yes please feel free to come to the Civplayers lobby www.civplayers.com and click on the Chatroom(steam req) link in the left side menu. Here you will find lots of MP players like yourself looking for games.

CS

Hello everyone! I've been playing Civilization since Civ III; but, I've never played multiplayer online. I played plenty of hotseat games in Civ IV when I was in high school. Now, though, all my friends are in different places and don't play Civ V. I would like to start playing some Civ V online with other people. Is there anyone that can help me out? Anyone willing to play a few matches?

my steam account is JWAT44 and i just started playing online a couple days ago so we would probably have about the same experience level (unless you play on a difficulty a lot higher or lower than prince). ShahJahanII is looking for people to play with also

Just a word of advice to those playing multiplayer for the frist time: Combat is in real time, and so it functions A LOT differently than in the single player game.

Just a word of advice to those playing multiplayer for the frist time: Combat is in real time, and so it functions A LOT differently than in the single player game.

Well it is not quit real time, there are turns still, but all players to play their turns together, it is called Simutaneuos turns, and has been a staple of MP since civ2. But you are right it is a large change from sequential turns that is the standard in SP games.

CS

Top Bottom