Lords of the Rising Sun (Pre-NES)

If you don't mind me butting in...

1. Otomo
2. Oda
3. Hojo

I'll take the Oda

I'll give the Oda to Yui, since Otomo and Hojo are both taken.

Here are some interesting ones not yet taken:

- Asai
- Rokkaku/Sasaki
- Asakura
- Arima
- Ito
- Satake

Though it might be best to wait until all the stats are finished.

I am considering taking the Satake clan

Time I stopped lurking and got into another NES. Can't pass this one up.

Are the Ryuuzouji taken yet? If not, I'd love a shot at them.

Time I stopped lurking and got into another NES. Can't pass this one up.

Are the Ryuuzouji taken yet? If not, I'd love a shot at them.

Nice of you to stop by, and I hope you'll stick around. :)

The Ryuzoji are indeed taken, though there are plenty of interesting clans still to claim.

TY ^_^

Aw dang. I think I'll go with the Ichijou then, though that might not be the best place considering the proximity of the Mouri and the Miyoshi.

Expressing interest in this NES. I'll wait until the stats are more complete to pick something, unless you have a clan that you'd like filled.

TY ^_^

Aw dang. I think I'll go with the Ichijou then, though that might not be the best place considering the proximity of the Mouri and the Miyoshi.

Ichijo are rather weak, and you'd have to worry about the Chosokabe more than anyone else. If you want them though, they are yours.

Also, thank you for adding the correct spelling to the long "o" and "u" sounds, as they are written in hiragana and pronounced. I have kept them simple, but perhaps for accuracy's sake I should write them as such. :) Afterall, "Mori" is completely different from "Mouri".

Depends on how much you want to confuse people ^_^
I like confusing people into learning new things, though, and accuracy is wonderful. I'll probably write them that way regardless ^_^

Maybe Rokkaku, then. 40,000 koku isn't too bad, though the fact that the Asakura have 10% 'growth' compared to the Rokkaku's 5% worries me - what does that mean? Is better growth better than more starting income?.

Depends on how much you want to confuse people ^_^
I like confusing people into learning new things, though, and accuracy is wonderful. I'll probably write them that way regardless ^_^

Maybe Rokkaku, then. 40,000 koku isn't too bad, though the fact that the Asakura have 10% 'growth' compared to the Rokkaku's 5% worries me - what does that mean? Is better growth better than more starting income?.

Well first of all, that has changed in my stats on my computer (they have equal growth). The stats now are really just notes and not to be taken seriously. The Rokkaku have recently taken Fuuto Castle (historically, happened in 1560, but for simplicity's sake, we are going with it), but the Asai are in a position to take it back. Second of all, while koku is of course important, the military description, ease or difficulty of appeasing certain factions, and prestige are more important. Koku can grow, but those other stats are more difficult to change.

T_F, I might recommend the Asai over the Rokkaku. The Asai begin with a marriage with the Oda family, after all. Their troops are also generally more dedicated/loyal.

Right, then, I'll go with the Asai. Thank you ^_^

(is it Asai or Azai? Wikipedia has Azai.)

Right, then, I'll go with the Asai. Thank you ^_^

(is it Asai or Azai? Wikipedia has Azai.)

Hm, that's weird. It is Asai to my knowledge, as I don't know of any Japanese surname that is "Azai". It might have something to do with European spellings of Japanese names and places during that time (for example, Edo was often spelled as Yedo on European maps, or Uedo as Yuedo). Strictly speaking though, it is pronounced "Asai", the hiragana "sa" and not "za".

Guess Azai is a variant then, or something (I looked the kanji up in my dictionary and it was listed as both あさい and あざい).

Anyway.

All right - I have descriptions up for the first 2 pages of stats. Still no army/navy numbers. Still working on everything, but it's coming along. I hope my descriptions are clear and concise and not too cryptic.

I've not seen my name in the last couple of lists. Am I still in this?

Nevermind, I just didn't read carefully enough.

Top Bottom