Lost all my saves and no more BUG after installing BULL.

I have been ujsing BUG for some time now and recently installed BULL for my last game. I won the game last night and now I start up a new game today and I notice no BUG UI. I hit ctrl+alt+o and no menu. I hover over my flag next to my minimap and it says:

Beyond the Sword 3.19
BULL 1.2 [Build 182]
* Unofficial 3.19 Patch v1.50
* AI AutoPlay

There's no mention of BUG. Also, does this unofficial 3.19 patch corrupt it somehow? I just finished a game with no issues. also, it deleted my saved games in my saved games folder.

When I installed BUG, I think I just installed sp, but not sure. I wanted BTS to startup with BUG auto activated so I didn't have to load it before every game. It was working successfully until I installed BULL.

any clues what happpened?
-=Mark=-
ps. I couldn't find a BULL message and sourceforge listed BULL under BUG, so I just posted here. If there's an official BULL post somewhere, please let me know.

You're in the right place. If your saves are truly gone, I can sympathize. BTS did this to me a year or so ago--it just wiped the entire contents of the My Games / Beyond the Sword folder with no clue as to why. :(

However, maybe it's just tricking you. First, have you looked into that folder above using Windows Explorer? If not, do so now. As for BUG, if it's gone you'll need to reinstall it. If it's any consolation, it happened to me before I ever started the BULL project. There's no file deletion code anywhere in BUG or BULL. It's definitely a bug in BTS's code that detects that it needs to create a new My Games folder.

Bummer, I guess I didn't lose anything important as I just finished my game last night. But it would be nice for it to never happen again. Although, it didn't completely wipe all of my folders. just the game saves. My BULL files were intact, but my BUG wasn't and they both share the customassests folder. not sure how that happened though.

I also checked with windows explorer as I already have a shortcut to my saves on my desktop for easy loading of saved games.

I already installed BUG, but when I started another game, BULL didn't show my unit xp when building a new unit and instead said some long variable name instead. I then installed BULL again and now everything seems fine once again. I just hope things don't get deleted again.

BULL has two parts: the DLL which lives in the BTS main folder and a bunch of XML and art files that go in CustomAssets. BUG stores all of its files in CustomAssets. My guess is that you got hit by the same thing that hit me: BTS decided it was time to create the My Games folder from scratch and wiped it out first. :(

BULL has two parts: the DLL which lives in the BTS main folder and a bunch of XML and art files that go in CustomAssets. BUG stores all of its files in CustomAssets. My guess is that you got hit by the same thing that hit me: BTS decided it was time to create the My Games folder from scratch and wiped it out first. :(

You're definitely right. All of my folders are dated 08/04/2010 4:16pm or newer. My first save was at 4:48pm. I even remember starting the game and it said it was on chieftain level and I knew something was up. I just didn't realized it wiped everything.

I better start saving my saves outside of that BTS folder from now on. nah, who am I kidding, it's too much work so I'll just end up rolling the dice. lol Hopefully it only does it at victory time.

Top Bottom