Lost Eden development thread

How are you going vyeh? :D

It is very hot. Tomorrow is suppose to be 99 degrees Fahrenheit or 37 degrees Celsius.

I'm still reeling a bit from this brave new world of being an adult! But I hope to get some concrete work done soon rather than just talking about it all the time.

You know my philosophy. Do a little at a time, but be consistent.

Hey vyeh. :D

A few bits of news I can mention!

I've decided to go independent and make websites. I'm in the process of upgrading my own website to be more businesslike--nearly done on it as well (should be done later today, just doing emails first so I actually get to them). God willing I'll be successful so I can start to finance game development proper!

I did a few small things for Lost Eden yesterday, mainly updating the leaderheads on my website and in the G version for Edge as I haven't touched the G version... progress kinda stalled a few months ago when I was like "Okay everybody I'll make a beta version with the changes you suggest so you can try it out" and then nobody tried it out whatsoever. Talk about modding my life away for nobody :lol:. That aside, I am feeling a bit starved for cute things lately so I will be doing some cute artwork that doubles for LE pictures that are missing (e.g. the Council) which will be nice.

Und finally, Buster's Uncle mentioned a few months ago that perhaps having a version of my factions for normal SMAX might be an idea. What do you think?

God be with you mate.

I've decided to go independent and make websites. I'm in the process of upgrading my own website to be more businesslike--nearly done on it as well (should be done later today, just doing emails first so I actually get to them). God willing I'll be successful so I can start to finance game development proper!

Good luck! :)

I did a few small things for Lost Eden yesterday, mainly updating the leaderheads on my website and in the G version for Edge as I haven't touched the G version... progress kinda stalled a few months ago when I was like "Okay everybody I'll make a beta version with the changes you suggest so you can try it out" and then nobody tried it out whatsoever. Talk about modding my life away for nobody :lol:. That aside, I am feeling a bit starved for cute things lately so I will be doing some cute artwork that doubles for LE pictures that are missing (e.g. the Council) which will be nice.

:goodjob: Think small.

Und finally, Buster's Uncle mentioned a few months ago that perhaps having a version of my factions for normal SMAX might be an idea. What do you think?

I think it is a good idea after you release the gold version. All (!) that would be required would be changing the faction bonuses and penalties so it would balance with normal SMAX. The artwork and text would remain the same.

Progress updates! Yay for frequency. I'll admit that we hardly speak anymore due to me "getting busy" but at least something is happening now!

It all started when I got so desperate about the cute shortage that I pulled out the pencil and paper and drew two cuties building a building for LE--going to replace the facility construction image. I've put ~6 hours of effort in so far, with great results. :) And it was good for me to do it as well, both personally and productively--for it's inspired me to work on this a bit more.

I've decided to go with the GOTM church city for the Realm after all. While I'm not a huge fan of it personally, I'm sure others would appericate the change.

I've also decided to axe Toad and replace him with a new faction with the same stats. I'm going with another pokemon rather than a Mario character as that way the lineup is a bit more consistant (Toad was always an odd one out), and the faction in particular ties into the Mystery Dungeon storyline (the inspiration for LE) anyway.

More progress!

I've attached the G variant of the picture I mentioned, as well as the current PCX for the new faction.

Attachments

• monbig4.png
    monbig4.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 270
  • spinda.png
    spinda.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 333
Progress updates! Yay for frequency. I'll admit that we hardly speak anymore due to me "getting busy" but at least something is happening now!

:goodjob:

It all started when I got so desperate about the cute shortage that I pulled out the pencil and paper and drew two cuties building a building for LE--going to replace the facility construction image. I've put ~6 hours of effort in so far, with great results. :)

If that is the first pic you attached in the post above, I thought it was a plant bulb that had grown tendrils wrapping around the slanted beam.

And it was good for me to do it as well, both personally and productively--for it's inspired me to work on this a bit more.

That's great. :)

I've decided to go with the GOTM church city for the Realm after all. While I'm not a huge fan of it personally, I'm sure others would appericate the change.

What was the old city?

I've also decided to axe Toad and replace him with a new faction with the same stats. I'm going with another pokemon rather than a Mario character as that way the lineup is a bit more consistant (Toad was always an odd one out), and the faction in particular ties into the Mystery Dungeon storyline (the inspiration for LE) anyway.

That sounds like a good idea.

More progress!

I've attached the G variant of the picture I mentioned, as well as the current PCX for the new faction.

Great! :goodjob:

New PCX looks good! :)

I'm very tired today! But I'll still respond to this message, why not. :D

If that is the first pic you attached in the post above, I thought it was a plant bulb that had grown tendrils wrapping around the slanted beam.
It's a bulbasaur! Just like what Oblivion is. :) I didn't have the full body in shot for obvious reasons.

What was the old city?
A pale-blue/white recolour of the SMAC Believers.

New PCX looks good! :)
Thank you! I've also completed the new portait now, pic on my website if you are curious. :D Just got to make a new city graphic one day.

Well the new update is released. :D Up at http://kilkakon.com/projects/losteden.php

So we have the new faction all done and pretty, the rebalanced espionage and civics, and the buff to defensive units, as well as general graphic updates and fixes. :goodjob:

EDIT: I've been enjoying a SP game of LE lately! The AI is ruthless on transcend. :| I've just had the Betrayed use transport boats to dump like 10 units into my backdoor!

Well the new update is released. :D Up at http://kilkakon.com/projects/losteden.php

So we have the new faction all done and pretty, the rebalanced espionage and civics, and the buff to defensive units, as well as general graphic updates and fixes. :goodjob:

I agree it is a :goodjob:!

EDIT: I've been enjoying a SP game of LE lately! The AI is ruthless on transcend. :| I've just had the Betrayed use transport boats to dump like 10 units into my backdoor!

That's great!

Top Bottom