Love Triangle 2: Bobby's Revenge

Radio Noer

The Devourer
Hello there everybody, in my concerted effort to clog up this forum with stories, I bring you Love Triangle 2: Bobby's Revenge as I lost my first one. This time I will prosper!

Settings/Rules:
Monarch
Normal Speed
At Fascism I must "marry" either Loor or Courtney, depending on who I have a higher diplo modifier with.
I also have to try not to lose ;)

Our glorious leader (you're probably tired of him already) Bobby Pendragon!
Spoiler :

It was 4000 BC, Bobby decided to finally stop wandering around, searching for love and settled down in "Stony Brook", a land full of...plains and...sheep.
Spoiler :

With nobody around him, Bobby quietly researched Mining until he met Dr. Zetlin, creator of Lifelight and notorious techer (he is seriously annoying!).
Spoiler :

Animal Husbandry was soon discovered and Bobby decided to settle a nice little city he fondly called "Philadelphia", city of brotherly love and commerce, lots and lots of commerce.
Spoiler :

Bobby learned to write so he could express his crippling sadness without a true love. He awoke from this mood one day to found Seattle, then continued to cry his eyes out.
Spoiler :

Soon the wheel and Pottery were discovered and Bobby spent dahys smashing flowerpots in frustration he had not yet met his love(s). Years passed and Bobby grew even sadder, he developed Mathematics to count the hours he was loveless and an Alphabet to write dreadful poetry. He did get out of the house one day to trade with Dr. Zetlin, but then retreated again to his home.
Spoiler :

He founded Miami in the cold tundra to mimick his cold and sad feelings.
Spoiler :

Then, one day, Bobby met Courtney Chetwynde and his heart lept for joy, he was not alone anymore and he had found his love! :love:
Spoiler :

There was much rejoicing and feasting in Bobby's kingdom and Bobby invented currency to commemorate this wonderful occasion. Then, everything changed again, Bobby found Loor. Once agina his heart lept for joy and he wished he was polygamist.
Spoiler :

The two then increased their bond with a trade.
Spoiler :

Then Bobby decided to found Cincinati to block off Veeloxian attempts to get to his ladies!
Spoiler :

Bobby then decided laws would be advantageous and got a great scientist to to tell him how to paint pictures to impress Loor and Courtney.

End of Part 1

Also, is anybody interested in a Denduron/Cloral/any territory but Earth story up at the same time as this? If so tell me which territory!

Our glorious leader (you're probably tired of him already) Bobby Pendragon!

Why not play as that evil, I forgot his name, "Churchill" guy next time?

Soon the wheel and Pottery were discovered and Bobby spent dahys smashing flowerpots in frustration he had not yet met his love(s). Years passed and Bobby grew even sadder, he developed Mathematics to count the hours he was loveless and an Alphabet to write dreadful poetry. He did get out of the house one day to trade with Dr. Zetlin, but then retreated again to his home.
Spoiler :

I can't see this pic.
You should use Imgur ;) :p

Why not play as that evil, I forgot his name, "Churchill" guy next time?
Saint Dane would be interesting. I'll wait for more than 2 suggestions though.

I can't see this pic.
You should use Imgur

I'll try it, I've been looking for a Flickr replacement :)

If only I had taken pics of my Denduron game, I have a rediculous SE going right now with +200 odd gold at 100% research and about 4 vassals, it's awesome.

Quite the interesting gambit really, ignoring most worker techs in favor of getting masonry for walls to run an engineer while teching to/building the Oracle, getting Flumes and quick building Mids to run Rep and get another engineer to rush Tak Mine Explosion and start dominating with Serfdom farms.

I recomend playing as Remudi.
Speaking of, I'm in the middle of the 9th book (I couldn't find 6+ for the longest time) and I think Siry would have been a better choice for Ibara. Plus his description fits Julius better anyway.

Saint Dean:mwaha::evil:

Siry is in Ibara, it's just that all leaders except Bobby, Courtney, and Loor were random so Jen happened to get rolled this game.

OK. I really should get around to downloading it.

Bobby awoke again and decided to go talk to Loor and see if he could make any trades, lo and behold, she was desperate to learn Bobby's alphabet to communicate their love :love: and Bobby was just as eager to find out as much as he could about Loor's second favorite metal.

Spoiler :

Bobby later realized he didn't know what day it was. He looked around his room, in his dresser drawers, even in his closet but he couldn't find the day. He then decided to make a Calendar to remember and to help with the building of plantations.

Spoiler :

Soon after, Hinduism had spread into Bobby's lands and he eagerly adopted it in order to impress Loor and Courtney, who were both Hindu.

Spoiler :

Then Courtney came up, quite rudely even, and demanded Bobby's money, not the money he had on him, rather how to make money, because Bobby's love just wasn't enough for her :(. But Bobby happily obliged and the two got along better than ever.

Spoiler :

Bobby then discovered Civil Service to make his capital better than ever and to be closer to Macemen to take outr the loathesome Dr. Zetlin. Bobby then came across Loor, who wanted his advanced Calendar technology. Bobby quickly agreed and Loor started to think of herself as "Friendly" with Bobby :love:.

Spoiler :

Then Bobby, feeling great that Loor had taken their relationship to "the next level" made another trade with her, giving her law and order to learn more about archaic religious technologies, and make a profit while he was at it.

Spoiler :

However, Alexander Naymeer, scourge of all things holy, made himself appear to Bobby, the two were instantly enemies and Bobby wanted to get him very badly.

Spoiler :

Then, Bobby discovered Philosophy with the help of a Great Scientist. He then gave Courtney law and order for more religious ideas and even more gold.

Spoiler :

Then, Bobby later found a gigantic library at Courtney's house and asked her about it. During the night he learned of her Literature and he accidentally let slip some secrets of Metal Casting.

Spoiler :

Bobby then discovered Machinery and decided to rest before his first war.

Also, I will do a Saint Dane story next :woohoo: so are there any rules you guys would like me to abide by like: only Conquest, no buildings (I'd have to drop a difficulty or two for this), farms only. Any other ideas for rules are welcome too, just tell me what you'd like to see.

I don't really know the stories but Saint Dane is evil right?
Something along the lines as "Always War"

Now I really wish I would have took pics of that Denduron game, I won a 1914-ish Space Victory (although I could have won domination if I had gone intercontinental, but I decided not to), and just for fun, at the end I built as many Modern Armors as possible via rushbuying (I had accumulated over 20000 gold, mostly by building wealth in unimportant cities) and I built 84, my most built unit, in 9 turns. Just a little bit of fun I had today I decided to share :)

How about teams, always war, Pangaea, no boats?
Go with one of each leader. So multiole Second Earth, Ravinia, and the other multiple leader places, although I think you have that for all of them. Maybe only one Ravinia per leader and one of all the others. The teams are obvious.

I could do AW with Me (as Saint Dane), Max Rose, and Figgis on a team versus Bobby, Loor, and Vo Spader on one team and Aja, Kasha, and Elli Winter on another team. It could be very interesting as I have never played AW and only played on a team in MP.

In AW only you and your team are always war. Go two teams:
1. Nevva Winter, Saint Dane, Figgis, Alexander Naymeer, and Max Rose and all the other bad guys
2. Bobby, Loor, Spader, Gunny, Aja, Kasha (who doesn't look very catlike ;)) Elli Winter, and all the other good guys

In AW only you and your team are always war. Go two teams:
1. Nevva Winter, Saint Dane, Figgis, Alexander Naymeer, and Max Rose and all the other bad guys
2. Bobby, Loor, Spader, Gunny, Aja, Kasha (who doesn't look very catlike ;)) Elli Winter, and all the other good guys

Ah yes, I forgot that about AW, and I realize that Kasha doesn't look very catlike, there aren't any feline LH's I'm aware of ;)

Bobby woke up, once again ready for a new day, he did his morning-ly? rounds to Courtney's and then Loor's house. At Loor's house Bobby told her all about his newest machine, the "Love-o-Matic" and Loor told him about her marriage rituals in a theological lesson.

Spoiler :

Then, feeling great, Bobby decided to declare war on Dr. Zetlin, to knock him off his high horse and maybe impress Loor and Courtney while he was at it.

Spoiler :

Some city caps...
Spoiler :

Another trade was made with Loor, the two were becoming quite the trade partners and love was clearly blossoming :love:.

Spoiler :

Paper was discovered, mostly so Bobby could draw sappy maps of his heart for his lady friends.

Then, Monarchy was backfilled because every woman loves a man with power.

Then, in a gracious act of generosity (NOT because Dr. Zetlin got crossbows or anything like that) Bobby suspended his war on Dr. Zetlin, for a mere fine of 125 gold coins.

Spoiler :

And that's it for this 200 year mini update! Soon I will play and post my Saint Dane game!

Top Bottom