Lua question

JA_Lamb

Warlord
Hi everyone, wonder if you can help?

1) I'd like to spread a new Feature at the beginning of the game after Resource and placement allocations but before Turn1.
The function I found may or may not work, but I would also like a critique of the whole code and my thinking.

2) The code is amply commented. There are at least 3 methods that I think are usable in the 'spread', and I present them all I would be grateful if the 'best' is highlighted for me. (One I think is wrong).

3) The feature should spread over every Desert Terrain plot inclusive of Improvements and Resources already placed, but not on Mountains or other Features. This I endeavour to do.

4) Once this is done, must this Lua be contained in it's own independent file or can it be part of other Lua codes that have nothing to do with it at all? eg. Where buildings are manipulated?

Code:
function realstart ()				-- Start @ Turn < 1. And do this once.
	print("Begin Game!");			-- Print Test
	for iPlot = 0, Map.GetNumPlots() - 1 do		-- Map Plot itteration
		local plot = Map.GetPlotByIndex(iPlot)

if plot:GetTerrainType() == (GameInfoTypes.TERRAIN_DESERT)  then  -- If Terrain is Desert
			if plotType == PlotTypes.PLOT_MOUNTAIN then   -- If Mountain (true)
				return;                                                        -- stop. Next Plot ?? or continue (if)
				if (plot:GetFeatureType() == FeatureTypes.NO_FEATURE) then  -- 'elseif' required here or 'if' suffices?
					if (plot:GetImprovementType() == ImprovementTypes.IMPROVEMENT_GOODY_HUT) -- Only Improvement. No stop
						plot:SetFeatureType(GameInfoTypes.FEATURE_LMD_DESERT)  -- Set new Feature method1
--						OR AS:
--2						plot:SetFeatureType(FeatureTypes.FEATURE_LMD_DESERT, 1);	-- Set new Feature method2
--						OR AS:
--3						plot:SetFeatureType(FeatureTypes.FEATURE_LMD_DESERT, -1);	-- Set new Feature method3
					end
				end	
			end
		end
	end	
end

Events.SequenceGameInitComplete.Add ( realstart );

Thanks i advance.

Top Bottom