Lumbermills? plus other comments

lymond

Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!)
Hall of Fame Staff
As Briton, I teched Wood Working as early as possible to get Lumbermills up for some hammers. It reads that WW opens up Lumbermills, but my workers don't have the option to build them. Am I missing something here? Sorry this is the first time playing this mod.

I have to say - without having played very far in - that this is a nice looking mod. I like the little touches here and there. Did you create your own graphics for the mod - not units and such - but rather terrain, water, etc. I have Blue Marble installed regardless, but it still looks a bit different. The trees look more vibrant in this mod.

Also, it appears that random events are on. If this is kept, they may need to be tailored to suit the mod. For instance, I received the stable quest with a pre-Renaissance completion.

Not sure how popular this mod is. Seems I played something similar a long time ago on vanilla CIV - maybe an older version of this mod. Anyway, as far as I've seen it should be popular. I really like more self-contained eras specific games with corresponding tech trees and such, especially ancient, classical and Medieval. Except for maybe Marathon speed on normal Civ games, I hate how quickly units get outdated. I hope CIV 5 provides something like this in the standard games.

Looks like a great mod so far, especially if I can figure out Lumbermills...ha

Hi,
lumbermills are improvements for timber resource tiles, NOT for every forest tiles. In order to build a lumbermill you must have a timber resource in your city range.

TAM basic graphic is the same of BTS, although several items have been customized, and few more could be customized in the next versions.
Yes, we know that events need a rework, but they aren't on top of the to-do-list now.

In the next patch, units will follow their historical period as much close than now, thus their outdate will be right.

Well, keep playing TAM and enjoy it ;)

Thanks. I see now that lumbermills are for improving certain resources.

I guess what I'm seeing then is just having Blue Marble installed. I swear the trees and stuff look different though - and better.

It is a really nice looking mod with the little tweaks - even to the buttons. I like the tech tree a lot.

Top Bottom