Lyrics for Baba Yetu (For those who want to sing/read along)

I believe it is just in the options menu from the main screen. I have done it... much nicer to open up to Baba Yetu. :)

Yeah seriously, BtS has crappy music in the menu. Thanks for telling me how to go back to Good Ol Baba Yetu. :goodjob:

I've got the MP3 :D Where I got it? Let's not discuss that.
:lol: Almost everyone here has the mp3. It gets installed with the game, it's at Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack\OpeningMenu.mp3 . If you went to a "non-discussable" place to get it, then you made yourself quite some unnecessary effort. ;)

Does anyone know where I can find simple-ish guitar TABS for Baba Yetu?

I don't really think there is any place to find such a thing unfortunately.

AFAIK, this was composed by Cristopher Tin directly in the current version with orchestra, choir and soloist. Especially since you need "simple-ish" tabs, which would be hard to make for a song with this kind of orchestration.

If you have time to spend, and a good ear, you can always listen to it a million times with a guitar in your hands until you get it all right. Of course, that's rather time-eating, but so would be looking for inexistent tabs. :)

I don't really think there is any place to find such a thing unfortunately.

AFAIK, this was composed by Cristopher Tin directly in the current version with orchestra, choir and soloist. Especially since you need "simple-ish" tabs, which would be hard to make for a song with this kind of orchestration.

If you have time to spend, and a good ear, you can always listen to it a million times with a guitar in your hands until you get it all right. Of course, that's rather time-eating, but so would be looking for inexistent tabs. :)

:sad: Take a while. :lol:

And Psyringe, my Civ4 files have lost the Baba Yetu opening menu, I only have the BtS menu. :p However, when I downloaded BUG, it was magically back. :king:

And Psyringe, my Civ4 files have lost the Baba Yetu opening menu, I only have the BtS menu.
This is not possible. BtS changes the menu, but it does not remove the original Civ4 files. BtS installs its new opening music in a new location (i.e. the location you install BtS to), and leaves the original "Baba Yetu" track in the Civ4 folder.

And even if someone actually managed to somehow delete or overwrite that file, BtS also puts a *second* copy of "Baba Yetu" into (BtS installation folder)\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack\OpeningMenuCiv4.mp3.

You'd really need to work hard to *not* have the Baba Yetu mp3 on your system, it's in two independent places and Civ4 never deletes the file by itself. As I said, using "non-discussable" methods to obtain it are a waste of effort, one can just copy it from any of the two locations it gets installed to.

This is not possible. BtS changes the menu, but it does not remove the original Civ4 files. BtS installs its new opening music in a new location (i.e. the location you install BtS to), and leaves the original "Baba Yetu" track in the Civ4 folder.

And even if someone actually managed to somehow delete or overwrite that file, BtS also puts a *second* copy of "Baba Yetu" into (BtS installation folder)\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack\OpeningMenuCiv4.mp3.

You'd really need to work hard to *not* have the Baba Yetu mp3 on your system, it's in two independent places and Civ4 never deletes the file by itself. As I said, using "non-discussable" methods to obtain it are a waste of effort, one can just copy it from any of the two locations it gets installed to.

I never really looked for it, but the opening menu for Vanilla for gone, so I couldn't find the files. :(

'Non-discussable', nice word. :p

But anyway, moving on.. :D

I created my own Civ IV Theme song for the MOD King of Kings. This theme song is called Los Batalla de la Noche (The Battle of the Night) and is available for listening and testing at http://www.myspace.com/itriley

Please check it out! :D
Thanks. :goodjob:

Indeed everytime I hear it in the original text, it makes me think, it is so rich and full of life, it puts the pater noster to shame. If I wasn't so agnostic this is one thing that would bring me back to God, to be honest I'd like to see all the original scriptures in such a rich language. The actual web link just makes you spiritual when it's only message is enlightenment? :goodjob:

and as a physics student all that vibrating stuff just floats my boat.:D

Well, we just have to face it. The Germanian languages ain't at near as melodic as the other languages! The creators did probably focus on the easabillity of it instead of it's better sounding and functionality. Maybe they weren't neather as artful as the others, at least you can see it in other ways in the cultures...

I also think that African languages (generally) sound melodic and flowing, and are of the best languages to make good music of, but no languages are prettier than some of the Native American's. Like Tinde (Apache) and the Incan languages. There are probably many other Native American Tribes which are melodic and good languages, but I ain't to familliar with all the tribes in America.

By the way I love this song to! :D I can't really say that im Christian or religious. I would rather say im more ateistic. But I won't let the content of the song stop me from enjoying it's wonderfull melody and singing.

Thanks to the people which wrote the lyrics! :goodjob:

BABA YETU! :)

who cares, why not just shut up and enjoy the game. Also the warlords theme sounds so much better.

who cares, why not just shut up and enjoy the game. Also the warlords theme sounds so much better.

I emphatically disagree. Anyway, this thread is for people who like "Baba Yetu", so if anyone should hold his tongue here it is you. No flaming intended; I'm merely pointing out the obvious.

yeah whatever, I just prefer playing the game and not talking about the little things that add to it.

None of the Civ menu themes are that bad at all really. (Pacal's diplo music is really awful though). Baba Yetu is the best, although the Warlords on has a nice beat to it. The BTS one comes in third, but its a high third. (Even the official mods don't have that bad of menu music. Case point, FfH Age of Ice. Awsome)

None of the Civ menu themes are that bad at all really. (Pacal's diplo music is really awful though). Baba Yetu is the best, although the Warlords on has a nice beat to it. The BTS one comes in third, but its a high third. (Even the official mods don't have that bad of menu music. Case point, FfH Age of Ice. Awsome)

Personally, I think the Warlords theme is terrible, as is the leering Orc chieftain on the game menu.

I love the Baba Yetu. But I also love one of the african-sounding songs from the stone age! Anyone know what that is? A google search is not helping with this one, and the wikipedia article on the music from Civ 4 does not seem to include that time period. Any help out there?

it was made by some Asian Guy named Chris Tim I think.

Top Bottom