MadDjinn Kavithan Protectorate Let's Play

The growth to unhealth penalty relationship is way more abstract than that since penalties don't scale per point of unhealth. I can borrow against the next penalty threshold by growing more pop first while I build more health buildings. The same way a Tradition empire in CiV never needed to throttle growth through the whole game - the positive happiness might get closer to 0, but it didn't cross as long as more happiness was put in later. Now a wide empire never needs to throttle growth, we've literally seen this in the videos.

Well they do have multiple thresholds (20,10,0,-10,-20)

They need more penalties to scale past -20, but otherwise the bigger problem is health is primarily available on a per city basis. And you don't have a strict global / local separation

(because pop only uses 0.75 health everyone is like Ghandi..able to totally negate city health with enough buildings)

The penalties don't reduce growth themselves, and they are too mild to serve as an adequate deterrent to growth. The five or six new cities I can build by disregarding Health will produce far more than the 10% Science and Culture I lose in the process.
This is a great point. I do feel the main problem is the -1 penalty is too weak to care about it at all, and the -20 penalty never escalates no matter how low you go. And maybe the +10 bonuses should be even more attractive.

Hey, do we know if the AI can move and shoot yet? Or are they just as incapable as in BNW?

Hey, do we know if the AI can move and shoot yet? Or are they just as incapable as in BNW?

They are clearly not moving-and-shooting in the cruiser battle. This played out just like sub battles do in CiV - as in, the AI units are all useless since they can only attack what you choose to leave alive in their range.

The penalties don't reduce growth themselves, and they are too mild to serve as an adequate deterrent to growth. The five or six new cities I can build by disregarding Health will produce far more than the 10% Science and Culture I lose in the process.

I am totally going to play an ICS game and see if I can get to -500 health.

I have never tought about tall being about having few cities but about having alot of people in relation to the number of cities, tall is not dead but it will be easier to do an early expansion of large number of cities.

As for health penalties maybe up all 10% to like 30%, twice the number of cities penlaty and disallow growth and founding of new cities then below 20 health will work.

May I suggest you start a new game on a pangaea this time, Maddjin? That DOW by the PAC was the saddest thing ever. I couldn't finish the video because of it. Water is broken. More Godzilla vs Giant Robot please.

:goodjob:

It was certainly the case that the more water you put on the map in Civ 5, the worse the AI was.

No, it was a bug. He had spies in two cities, but not the two cities he was seeing. One spy was in the capital, the other spy was in a second city, and he was seeing the second city and a third city at the same time.

It's clearly not a bug, if you watch the stream closely, you see that the second and third cities display EXACTLY the same report, for the same spy name. That's pretty much so unlikely as to be impossible. The display from the second spy has just duplicated itself in the UI

Nice to see the Rocktopus in action! Also, the rocktopus does upgrade. One of its bonuses is that automatically spreads miasma while in orbit. Very nice!

Haha. Teleporting navy. I bet the admiral who landed the cushy job of cruising 2 carriers up and down friendly coasts crapped his pants when a bunch of enemy vessels materialized out of thin air right off his bow.

edit: By the way, MadDjinn. The Stellar Codex you're looking for is probably in Krabrhost (or however that's spelled) which the Polystralians captured from the Slavic Fed.

So you can't build terrascape improvement on miasma. But can you put miasma back on the terrascape after its complete?

So you can't build terrascape improvement on miasma. But can you put miasma back on the terrascape after its complete?

Miasma doesn't wreck anything else, so I don't see why not.

Top Bottom