Main Download Information

That's pretty close to the original suggestion, and I'd say it fully satisfies the intent as well.

I've compromised. There is a new action button with great generals that enables their great commander abilities. Toggle it, and they become a great commander. But you can't switch back, and Great Commanders can't be settled as military instructors, hurry buildings, or join troops; you will need to decide beforehand what you want.

That was no compromise. That was exactly what I meant :). :goodjob:

I know there are still a few reported unresolved bugs in 1.73J, but it has become too much of a hassle to continue to create patches that don't break save compatibility. Don't worry, that doesn't mean your bug reports aren't being addressed, I've taken care to fix the reported issues for 1.74.

This also means that 1.74 development is moving front and center. I've updated my todo-list on the Beta thread with lots of detail, along with a change log of what's happened as I go forward.

I hope you keep enjoying 1.73J, the most stable, most popular, and most bug-free version of AND to date.

For those of you interested in 1.74, the first betas will be out in days, and front and foremost among the changes is increased MP support.

(...)
I hope you keep enjoying 1.73J, the most stable, most popular, and most bug-free version of AND to date.
(...)

Speaking only for myself: I certainly do and will keep on... not that I'm not interested in any of new changes, but I haven't finished any full game since half a year or so... :(
(Started new games 3 or 4 times for about the first 300-400 turns but abandoned them 'cause of the save-breaking due to new versions.) :crazyeye:

So I will hopefully finish the current one with 1.73J and maybe start another one parallel with the next version of AND. :D

regards

can you do me a favor please afforess, when it gets released the beta can you perhaps tell me wether these files have been changed. CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml; CIV4BuildingInfos.xml; CIV4UnitInfos.xml and the related schemas. Please can you tell me when the betas are out. It'll be appreciated so i'll know what to update in my modmod. Thanks for the great mod though :>

I know there are still a few reported unresolved bugs in 1.73J, but it has become too much of a hassle to continue to create patches that don't break save compatibility. Don't worry, that doesn't mean your bug reports aren't being addressed, I've taken care to fix the reported issues for 1.74.

This also means that 1.74 development is moving front and center. I've updated my todo-list on the Beta thread with lots of detail, along with a change log of what's happened as I go forward.

For those of you interested in 1.74, the first betas will be out in days, and front and foremost among the changes is increased MP support.

Thanks, Afforess! I am loving 1.73J. I've found it to be the best, most stable version you've come up with yet.

Oooh. A new 1.74 beta soon to be out, as well as Zappara promising a new 2.92 for RoM :)

I don't know what you're talking about :)

I don't know what you're talking about :)

:lol: But,unfortunately, there is a tiny sub-text in your post that said you edited it at 6:45am :lol:. Good try :D.

Whenever I try to load the mod it gives me:

Tag: CIVIC_COMMUNIST in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Civilizations/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
What does this mean? How do I fix it? I want to play this mod, but because of this error I am not able to

Whenever I try to load the mod it gives me:

What does this mean? How do I fix it? I want to play this mod, but because of this error I am not able to

It means that something went wrong when you installed it. It may be a bad download for example.

Which versions of RoM/AND and what other mods, if any, are you using?

I just retried, redownloaded it three times, before giving up, that was 2 weeks ago

Today, I tried for a 4th time, and just now I tried for a 5th, all giving me the same error

Telling me you have an error isn't particularly helpful. Can you give me more information? You checked the FAQ? If that didn't help, can you tell me where your Rise of Mankind folder is located? What are your computer specs, and can Rise of Mankind run fine if you don't install AND?

Afforess whats the ETA looking like on 1.74 Final? It sounds like an amazing version, and probably few more to come. Also does anybody have a forum on here dedicated to learning python scripting?
Thanks Amazing Job like always..

RoM works most of time (there are a few errors and crashes)
I have it in my program files/2k games/Civilization 4 Complete/Beyond the sword/mods folder

xml error said:
Tag: CIVIC_COMMUNIST in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Civilizations/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
as I said already, this is the error I get

This computer was bought in January, so is relatively new, I have no idea what the specs are.

Well, it's good practice not to install games to Program Files.

Top Bottom