• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Main page and related downloads are not loading

Hi,

it works fine for me.
Which file you tried to download?

In some cases downloads are ... let's say “incorrectly“ linked (needs a longer explanation). If this were the case, then we can easily fix it, if we know the exact download.
EDIT: Most of these should have been fixed already, but pretty sure we overlooked some.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1661498907160.png
    1661498907160.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 19
The link itself works, I'm getting actually a wonderful download rate of 1 mb/sec :dunno:.
I guess you've tried the VPN with multiple locations, yes? And the VPN works for other downloads?
Did you try a smaller download to see if it overall works?

The link itself works, I'm getting actually a wonderful download rate of 1 mb/sec :dunno:.
I guess you've tried the VPN with multiple locations, yes? And the VPN works for other downloads?
Did you try a smaller download to see if it overall works?
Unfortunately no. Despite all my efforts, no matter which location I choose, I can't download anything that located at https://civfanatics.com or even visit site page. Most interesting thing that connection persists, but download rate is near zero (700 kB/day, usual download speed iz zero, but sometimes 15-30 kB portions of data are downloaded, and it stops again till the next 15-30 kB afater several minutes).

But downloads from forum (where download link starts with https://forums.civfanatics.com) are working fine.

So the forum is at a different location than the rest of civfanatics, so at least that makes some sense.
Both are located in the US though (although I thought we had said the server to be in London if I remember correctly, mmhh), so in principle this should not make a difference, but they're with different host providers....er...yeah.

I assume this has lasted for you for more than a day? And that you've tried multiple VPN locations?
Because the only thing which would make sense right now if there was some actual cable malfunction and that stuff cannot be routed to the location you're in, but with both in the US....

How computer savvy are you?
If I tell you to open CMD, and ping both civfanatics.com and forums.civfanatics.com, are you able to do that? If not, then I'll provide step-by-step instructions.
EDIT: Even better: the output of the command "tracert civfanatics.com" and "tracert forums.civfanatics.com" would be handy.

EDIT2: My tracert output shows that the routing goes for both addresses in Europe the same, but then goes for .com via Cogent, but for forums not :think:.
EDIT3: And Cogent is not routing to Russia anymore https://www.cnet.com/news/russian-internet-takes-a-hit-as-cogent-cuts-off-its-backbone-network/ . Although that should still work for you if you have a VPN to a different location...

Last edited:
So the forum is at a different location than the rest of civfanatics, so at least that makes some sense.
Both are located in the US though (although I thought we had said the server to be in London if I remember correctly, mmhh), so in principle this should not make a difference, but they're with different host providers....er...yeah.

I assume this has lasted for you for more than a day? And that you've tried multiple VPN locations?
Because the only thing which would make sense right now if there was some actual cable malfunction and that stuff cannot be routed to the location you're in, but with both in the US....

How computer savvy are you?
If I tell you to open CMD, and ping both civfanatics.com and forums.civfanatics.com, are you able to do that? If not, then I'll provide step-by-step instructions.
EDIT: Even better: the output of the command "tracert civfanatics.com" and "tracert forums.civfanatics.com" would be handy.

EDIT2: My tracert output shows that the routing goes for both addresses in Europe the same, but then goes for .com via Cogent, but for forums not :think:.
EDIT3: And Cogent is not routing to Russia anymore https://www.cnet.com/news/russian-internet-takes-a-hit-as-cogent-cuts-off-its-backbone-network/ . Although that should still work for you if you have a VPN to a different location...

Thank you, due to EDIT3 information I selected another VPN client and connection, and it works now!

Top Bottom