Main Screen Interface Problem

Same exact problem here. Apparently just changing versions from 3.6 to 4.4 solves little, if actual bugs are not fixed.
Guess you didn't actually read the whole thread. Feel free to answer EF's questions.
Are you using BUG 3.6? Did you use the EXE installer? Which install method did you use, single- or multi-player? Did you select the /AltRoot method?

What version of BTS do you have? BUG requires 3.13 or 3.17.

I have seen this problem with finding the init.xml file on Vista as Vista seems to place odd Unicode characters into the My Documents path for the current user, even when on an English installation. Are you using a foreign language install of Vista? Does your username contain any non-English letters?

After loading up BUG, can you please post the file My Games / BTS / Logs / PythonDbg.log?

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster here. I have a similar problem with the BAT-Mod, probably BUG too although I didn´t try that in the first place because BAT is if I understood correctly just BUG with more features. I´m using 32-Bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

Are you using BUG 3.6? Did you use the EXE installer? Which install method did you use, single- or multi-player? Did you select the /AltRoot method?

I´m using BAT 3.0, used the EXE installer and installed it as mod, not in CustomAssets, SP i think. No idea about the last question, sorry.

What version of BTS do you have? BUG requires 3.13 or 3.17.

The current version.

I have seen this problem with finding the init.xml file on Vista as Vista seems to place odd Unicode characters into the My Documents path for the current user, even when on an English installation. Are you using a foreign language install of Vista? Does your username contain any non-English letters?

Yes to both foreign language questions, but on 7.

After loading up BUG, can you please post the file My Games / BTS / Logs / PythonDbg.log?

Would this apply to my BAT problem too?

I hope it is okay to hijack this thread, it´s basicly the same question just with BAT, Win 7 and foreign language.

Cheers.

The problem is definitely with the language. Civ4 cannot handle non-English letters/symbols in your Windows user name. You'll need to follow the instructions in Info/CvAltRoot.py. This file should have been installed with BAT. It applies equally to BUG.

See if you can make sense of the instructions and set up your shortcut with the /altroot option and post again if you get stuck.

Nvm, it seems I accidentally started a test game without the mod, it still doesn´t work after various attempts. I find especially confusing how almost everything exists twice somehow, once in C:\Users\Imperator Knödel\Documents\My Games and again in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games, i tried to set a shortcut to the latter because of no foreign letters but it didn´t work.

Top Bottom