Major Bug Problems -- v1.00, 1.22 doesn't work

QBert80

Chieftain
Hi,

This is my first post on the forum. I hope someone can help me.

I'm having major trouble with Conquests v1.00. It seems many of the buttons don't do what they say they do, e.g., in order to play a conquest I need to click on 'Quick Start'. Clicking on 'Conquests' takes me to Preferences. 'Preferences' crashes the program. Etc. Also, another annoying bug is that the date is always displayed as 'Nov.' and never changes as the turns pass. Lastly, I try to click the option 'always wait at end of turn' and it puts it on tutorial mode. Really weird stuff.

So I downloaded the patch, thinking it would fix all these problems. Installing it involved deleting certain files and then reinstalling the supposed fixed ones. But when I loaded Civ up again it was exactly the same--right down to the v1.00 in the corner. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Nope, still the same. I should point out that the text was all rearranged before I installed the patch. I thought it was a major bug in v1.00, that's why I'm posting on this forum. In any case the patch doesn't seem to be updating it. Thanks anyway, the game's still playable, if barely.

i have the same problem :mad: , except that prior to the patch there was no problem. It appeared after installing the patch. I uninstalled and re-installed twice, it didn't work

I reinstalled Conquests on my new PC and the labels are out of order again. I forget what I did to fix it last time so any help would be appreciated. Thanks. This is the same problem I was having the first time I installed the program. I'm running v. 1.22 on Windows XP.

That happened to me too! Eventually I had to uninstall and reinstall Conquests. :(

sorry, i dont have conquests, id help if i could, try doing a google search.

This is happening to me now. conquest 1.00 worked fine. I installed 1.22 and I get this at the start-up screen. "Barricade" is actually "Start" "Build Barricade" is "Quick Start" and Preferences is "Exit" I didnt mess around with the others

Ok I looked a little more and it appears that

Barricade = New Game
Build Barricade = Quick Start
Play Last World = Load Game
New Game = Conquests
Quick Start = Civ Content
Load Gamee = Hall of Fame
Conquests! = Preferences

And so on..

So it looks like it added Barricade, Build Barricade, Play Last World and that bumped all the Text down 3 spaces each, although all the links are the same

Top Bottom