Major League Baseball 2012 Season

only things missing here are tumbleweeds and crickets ! where is the fire your collective bellies ? !

This post-season has been so meh. Besides Owan is anyone's team even in? Someone's a Tigers fan I think. Really I'm just rooting for NotCards and NotNats.

Go A's ;) ... probably the kiss of death tho.

:eek: Cards smacking the ball.

With the Phils playing golf... I'm soaking in my football :cool: . But then again, I am a Dolphins fan :blush: .

Go A's ;) ... probably the kiss of death tho.

:eek: Cards smacking the ball.

With the Phils playing golf... I'm soaking in my football :cool: . But then again, I am a Dolphins fan :blush: .

With the D'backs play golf, I soaking up my football. True football that is. :p Anyway I am way bigger fan of football than I of baseball. Go ManU. :woohoo:

As long as Brady is rocking... I'm sure you are ok ;) . If only McCoy can start up :D .

This post-season has been so meh. Besides Owan is anyone's team even in? Someone's a Tigers fan I think. Really I'm just rooting for NotCards and NotNats.

:hatsoff:

The only teams I root for are Detroit teams. Red Wings, Pistons, Lions, and Tigers. Must be a Michigan thing. :p

Good Lord, I'm worried about the Nats now. I really don't know if they'll be able to pull this out now.

I feel bad for saying this.. but I want the Yankees to win, BUT just because they have Ichiro.. :p

All the stupid commentators are obviously rooting for Oakland.

Baltiflock says hi.

Edit: The Orioles must have not seen the late-inning Ibanez scouting report. Throw meatballs, see meatballs bounce off bleachers.

Bad News: That was an ugly, shameful loss.

Good News. The Orioles have been playing with house money in the eyes of the fans since win 82.

Raaaauuuuuuuuuuullllllllll!!!

Yeah, sorry I've been so quiet. I know El_Justo just loves to hear me chatter :).

The problem for me has really been twofold. One, I thought we would need a playoffs thread for this topic, but I was much too busy/lazy to actually make one, and two, I'm actually in the UK right now, which makes it exceedingly difficult to watch the games (although I have been following via gameday and news feeds. Even the clips on gameday don't really work for me for some reason :(. )

That being said...woo! Giants forced a game 5! This is great! I was really worried when I found out the Giants would be facing the Reds in the DS. Better the Nats than the Reds I thought, and the first 2 games confirmed my fears. The Giants looked pitiful, continuing the ongoing narrative all year; the Giants do not play well at home this year. I don't know why, but it's really bizarre as the Giants historically have played much better at home than on the road. Anyway, really excited to see how game 5 turns out!

The Nationals look nervous. Also... the the fight for young center fielders guess whom is doing better?

Harper: 1-for-15, 6 Ks, .067 BA

Jay: 4-for-16, 4 RBI, 2 SB, .250 BA

---------

I don't know what it is about Chris Carpenter, but when you absolutely need a win he will supply almost guaranteed. There is little doubt that having him back just in time for the post season is a huge boost to the cardinals. With two of our better pitchers coming up in game 4 and game 5 (Lohse/Wainwright) I feel fairly confident that we can take at least one of those matchups. The lost of Garcia hurts my feelings more than it'll hurt our chances. Not a lot of teams can lose a SP and have the benefit of slotting a 18-game winner into his spot. Even better? We can lost another one and still have Joe Kelly move in; although that would empty out our bullpen. Our starting pitching is a bit weird. We don't have a clear ace; or even really a clear 'order' like most teams do. I wouldn't say that our backend is any weaker than the first guys in the order. They all give us a roughly equal shot at winning.

I am hoping for a Giants/Oakland comeback in both cases. Wouldn't that be amazing if both teams, two games back in a 5 game series, come back to win the last 3 to take the series?

Edit: 2 and a half months ago Chris Carpenter had a rib and two neck muscles removed. Yesterday he shut-out the winning-est team in the NL; that is why the man is so impressive. He might not have HoF numbers, but that is mainly due to all of the injuries the man has fought through.

Raaaauuuuuuuuuuullllllllll!!!

:D ... now if Werth will explode then I can at least pull for some ex-Phils :cool: .

When Raul is on... the dude is ON! :goodjob:

Nice move IMO by Gerardi no matter what ANYBODY thinks or says... that took some guts (or some other parts of the anatomy).

Unless Strasburg could also knock a few runs in himself, I don't think he would have helped last night.

Why not? He was perfectly competent during the regular season for a mid rotation starter. Is he as good as Strasburg? No, of course not, but the Nats also got shut out. If Stras plays last night, maybe the Nats lose 3-0 instead of what, 8-0?

Top Bottom