Making a unit float

Mtech25

Chieftain
Hi All,
Sorry for the spam but does anyone know a way of making a unit that was grounded to float at a like getting a floating hover carrier?
I have looked at the unit XML and checked all the settings and fsmxmI file but suspect this may be a property of the .gr2 file am I correct?

I suspect this might have something to do with the PortraitCamera code but if I change that the game crashes does anyone have any-clue how this relates?

Have you checked in the ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos table, specifically, the ZOffset?

IIRC, changing this value in a positive direction (1 or higher) will "raise" the unit off the ground. If the number is negative, it will "lower" the unit into the ground, or sea.

Most of the "normal" Civ5 units will have a ZOffset of 0, since they specifically built their units knowing how high (or low) they should sit on the map. Many of the modder-created units aren't always as precise in their placement, so adjusting the ZOfsett is needed to put them at the right "altitude." Also, when checking if the ZOffset you added is correct, be sure to test the unit on flat ground, hills, jungle, forests, etc. You may need to adjust based on how it looks on various terrain.

Top Bottom