Making AI produce wonders

Bengal Tiger

Emperor
In my Spanish Civil War scenario, the AI seem to have trouble producing the key wonders that autoproduce units. I tried making them dirt cheap, even forcing them in DEBUG mode, but they stubbornly resist. Is it because of the constant threat of nearby troops that causes them to switch to units, or what?

that may be the issue. um have u given any other flag to the wonders? any benefit?

That's kind of odd, Bengal Tiger. In a recent epic game mod I was playing, I was at war with the Dutch, had taken 2/3 of their cities, with them down to around 4 cities, yet they announced they were starting work on a wonder. :crazyeye: :lol:

I did notice AI waits for 2 things before starting a wonder:
1) AI waits for a suitable govt form (in regular game it's a republic);
2) AI "wants to feel secure" - AI should have a big enough number of defensive units.

I did notice AI waits for 2 things before starting a wonder:
1) AI waits for a suitable govt form (in regular game it's a republic);
2) AI "wants to feel secure" - AI should have a big enough number of defensive units.

I don't know about #2, but my experience playing is the AI starts building a wonder as soon as they get the advance for it. I use the wonder starts announcements as a quick gauge to compare my level with that of the AI countries.

Sorry it's taken so long to reply.

Re:_ghost_-They produce culture and autoproduce units, but that should be enough to get AI to produce it(similar to Knights Templar and Statue of Zeus in regular games).

Re: Wolfshade-By suitable government, you mean anything besides Despotism? All nations have a fairly good government, so I don't think this is the issue. I also don't think it's because of security, as there are cities that aren't seeing action, and are fairly well defended.

Re:scratchthepitch-I know, that always happens in the regular conquests. I really don't know what's causing it.

Maybe if I mess with the traits, or maybe give a minor benefit to each one such as makes one citizen content, it will work...

Actually, it's not the Loyalists who have this problem, only the Nationalists, so I will try to find something to explain this.

Actually, it's not the Loyalists who have this problem, only the Nationalists, so I will try to find something to explain this.

Sounds like something you set for the Nationalists makes those wonders unappealing. Could be a government setting that's different, though I cant think of any that would cause the problem. Your idea about the traits seems more likely. Try giving the wonders all the traits to make them equally enticing for all the civs. Could also be something set for the Nationalist civ itself, or not set, which is different from the settings for the Republican civ.

Bengal Tiger... Can the Wonders be built from the start of the game or do they require something else that is gained later?

Set Culture for the Wonders and you can add other settings besides auto-producing units such as a Tourist Attraction or increases food in water. The AI Loves Food and Gold as usual :lol:

Thanks for the tips. The wonder is available from the beginning. I have done some of the things you've mentioned already, and have been meaning to playtest it, but am unfortunately really busy in real life. I am not in much of a rush, as anyway I still need to find a suitable guardia civil unit.

well, especially in the beginning of the game, the Zombies = AI will build wonders immediately and especially if they offer Food,"gold" and other advantages.

The AI does not tend to build Wonders IF they are constantly under attack otherwise but will from the start if given half a chance :)

Top Bottom