Managing unhappiness from number of cities - premptive militia or later mitigation

alwalo

Chieftain
What is the proper way to manage early game unhappiness from number of cities ? Should one build to prevent unhappiness ? As in medium map, deity, monarchy you have 6 cities so you should go for 2 warriors per city or do you ignore it, switch to ententainers as need and build warriors later ? Or maybe go for a mix and move them where you need ?

Three police units, temple, then make a scientist at citizen number 6 or 7-- that often erases the rebel for some reason.

In the early game it's important to pick the best city sites nearby the capital-- corruption from distance can destroy you, as can depopulation of your core cities from building too many settlers.

I give them temples/churches (as may apply whether I'm playing Original, ToT, or Original Extended as the Alpha Centaurians), Entertainers if necessary, and as soon as possible I switch to a form of government in which unhappiness does not occur (you have to have a good foundation to get your science levels up by then, however, since it lags under that form of government).

Top Bottom