manufactory location

i rarely get a chance to settle a GE, but if i do it then is more about the base value of the tile. its often a decision to give more then one city the chance to use the manufactory.

i try to explain it in more detail. with some nations like the arabians i play still i pure ICS game. especially with them i try to minimize the space between cities. theres the possibility to place 3 cities in a way that u just need 4 roads to link all 3 of them ( u can do this in 6 directions!) if theres no mountain or lake inbetween. if i can place cities like this i try to settle the great person that the tile feeds itself (+2 food) and is in range of all 3 cities so i can switch production if i need 1 critical building for a national wonder and back to boost the highest prod city again.

just try it and have fun with it :)

ps.: this is benefits great artists and engineers most imho; for merchants is only the capital attractive and for scientist the city with NC.

I thought that a manufactory would negate any other improvement to the tile, thus a sheep pasture and it's +1 production to Stable would be lost if one built a manufactory there.

Am I wrong?

I thought that a manufactory would negate any other improvement to the tile, thus a sheep pasture and it's +1 production to Stable would be lost if one built a manufactory there.

Am I wrong?

partially. a stable provides the +1 bonus to sheep, not pasture, so the tile ends up as 1 food/7 production with stable + manufactory instead of 2 food/3 production with stable + pasture (or 3/3 with fertilizer).

Top Bottom