Many Leaders Game 9 - Civilization 5

Ozbenno - Turn 100 is 375 BC.
I know because I just finished playing 51-100.
I'll post the file and some screen shots in the morning.

Fragleader - Another option is FastStone Image Viewer. Its free from CNet and has a batch convert option. Supposedly you can edit through there as well, but I use MS Paint because I'm more familiar with it.

Spoiler :
T1
I see my starting position, it seems to be fine, hills to the north and ocean to the west.
I chose Japan for thier excellent Unique unit, The Samuri, and the fact all units attack as if at full health, this will give an excellent advantage in the mid-game for warmongering :hammer: . This will be good for taking cities.
So I move my warrior north and find ivory and sheep, I decide to settle on the spot because of the coast and the abundance of hills in the area.
I start on a scout and queue up a worker, while setting my warrior on auto explore for the time being, and start work on AH for horses, which are an excellent early-mid game rescource.

T4
My warrior heads southwest and discovers TWO wines right next to each other :), I have never seen that happen before. Though, as I find out later, there is an extreme abundance of wine in the immediate area.
T6
I spy the borders of Copenhagen, just at the top of the fog, too close to my wine than I would like. But it is a marritime CS as I recall, so it would be best to settle soon as not to anger them.

T7
An Ottoman scout arrives from the north, I will need to send someone up there soon to spy on them. My scout finishes just in time as my worker starts building, I will also work on a settler next for those precious wine.
T9
I meet Brussles, a cultured CS right next to Copenhagen, I also finish AH and start Trapping, for the gold of course.

T13
My scout finds a peninsila to the south and officialy meets Copenhagen

T14
My northbound warrior finds the natural Mt.Fuji for a +5 happiness bonus
T16
The ottomans offer me a Pact of Cooperation, I say yes to keep on their good side for now, no telling what will happen later.

T17
My scout finds a Encampment right next to where I wanted to settle, I will have to build another warrior to kill them.

T21
I finish Trapping and my worker at the same time, so I start on a warrior to take out the barbarians. I also start on all those hills in the area.
T25
I meet Russia and then send them on their way. I am also ranked 2nd Last for most fed people with Suleiman in 2nd. I then meet Hanoni, a militaistic CS with two incence. I might take them out later. I skip a Policiy for now too as there is no need for one at the moment.

T28
I finish mining and start on Masonry for spearmen.
T30
I finish my warrior and start a settler
T32
My warrior finds the barbs and fortifies on a hill

T34
My northbound warrior gets floored by two waves of brutes
T36
My south warrior kills one of the barb team then proceeds to heal on a hill.
T37
Russia joins me in a Cooperation Pact while I start on Archer for the archers
T38
Catherine ends the Pact, ? :smoke:
T40
I choose the rough terrain promotion and heal on a mountain for my warrior
T45
My Settler finishes, I buy an archer and start on bronze working
T48
My archer and warrior prepare to duel the Barbs... as one of them suicide bombs me for a -5 Intellegence Penalty.
Oops, wrong game :)

T49
The fortified barb kills my archer but my warrior rushes and captures the encampment
T50
My warrior is surrounded, will he survive?... Tune in next time for the turnset is over, and that is the end for now.

Can anyone see my pics?

Spoiler :
Aztec people are no longer supporting Ottoman peoples on their sight so a decision has been made and archers are trained as we speak
When Catherine came to offer a Pact of secrecy against Suleiman, we have embraced with joy. Even if we do not know for sure what are this used for
Built Stonehenge
Turn 62 finish Bronze working and starting on Iron Working
turn 68 Our wise people praised their king Montezuma and a golden age started
Turn 76 At last the archers arrived on the front line near Istanbul, let the blood shade begin
Turn 82 Istanbul is conquered. I choose to not annex the city for now.
Second city is founded as we speak, up north from the capital
I lost a Jaguar to some barbs and also being attached by Suleiman warriors.
Turn 97 Up to this turn I just marched to Edirne, the second Ottoman town.
Turn 100 I have 3 cities (one puppet), 17 science and the ottomans have 2 archers and a warrior now, so it will not be that easy to take them out.

Spoiler :

T52: Stonhenge finished. OMG the sea level already increasing :eek: the construction site is under water :lol:

Let's expand. Bought a workboat in Paris and started a settler. Met Hanoi up North.

T55: Trapping is finished, started Writing. So this is the consequence of delayed expansion. Never mind, he's developing it for me :devil:

T64: Golden Age has dawned. Finished Writing, started Wheel. My settler is on the way. Started another.

T65: Orleans founded, started a Monument.

T68: Paris: finishing Monument after the settler.

T70: Next policy choice.

T71: Clearing a barbarian camp for Brussels (and for me) makes him friendly, giving me 4 culture. I don't need him as a ally yet.

T72: Finished Wheel -> Archery
T73: Paris starts worker
T75: At least I'm 1st in something.

T76: Lyon founded, bought a workboat, started Monument. Archery finished -> Bronze working.

T80: Orleans: Monument -> Archer (Insert Barracks before when BW finished). Bought a worker.

T82: BW -> Iron Working.

T83: Paris Worker -> Great Library.
Sold 2nd wine to Suleiman for 286 golds.

T89: New social policy. I grab the GG and launch another GA to help building Great Lib

Sold 3rd wine the Catherine for 299 golds.

T94: IW -> Mathematics. No Iron nearby. :mad: At least Suleiman doesn't have either.

T96: GLib finished, picked Metal Casting (as the most expensive tech available).
Paris started Barracks.

T100: This is definitely something I want to turn around.

Attachments

• mlg9-France-T100.Civ5Save
    520.1 KB · Views: 132
Kind of a Spartan post this time. I’ve been pressed on time and wanted to be sure to get this posted before I forgot.
Spoiler :
Turn 51-57: Ongoing barbarian skirmishes near York.
T54: My Scout went north to find “stuff”. Naturally they find barbarians and almost get killed.
T55: London launches the first vessel in Her Majesty’s Royal Navy and begins work on The Great Lighthouse. The trireme went south, intent on discovering more about the Ottoman Empire.
T57: Discovered Masonry, Trireme exchanged arrows with a barbarian galley, and East of York, we finally “rescue” the Ottoman settlers (and pocket 25 gold for clearing the barbarians.) The rescued Ottomans are only interested in “work”ing for me, but that saves production and gold, so I won’t argue.
T58: Trireme finishes barbarian galley.
T61: Trireme discovers Vienna off to the East. (Only 15 gold, so they met someone else already.)
T62: Discover Animal Husbandry and meet Russia.
T67: Scout discovers Hanoi.
T67: Catherine asks for a Pact of Secrecy against Ottoman. We agree.
T70: Our first Golden Age Dawns! We also have the Great Lighthouse scooped out from under us with 5 turns remaining on our own build.
T71: York builds Stonehenge. Scouts discover Seoul and the Barringer Crater.
T72: Discover Optics and entered the Classical Era.
T73: Scout discovers Dublin.
T75: Ranked 4th for “The World’s Most Well Fed People” at 2.5 units of food.
T77: Scout discovers Helsinki.
T79: Discover Bronze Working.
T83: Scout discovers Belgrade.
T85: Scout discovers Oslo.
T86: Trireme discovers Florence.
T90: Ottomans ask for a Pact of Secrecy against Russia. We agree.
T94: York builds Colossus. Trireme discovers Venice.
T95: Catherine finishes The Great Library.
T96: Iron Working.
T98: Meet Japan.
T99: Trireme discovers Stockholm.
T100: Ranked 2nd in “The People with the Pointiest Sticks” behind Japan. Meet Songhai.
Ranked 2nd on the Victory screen (See attached) with 189 points behind an unknown with 223 points. Japan, Catherine, and an unknown are about 30 points behind me with the other three civs 30+ points below them. Bottom Civ has 88 points.
Demographics (See attached) show that while the English approve of the Queen, this seems to be more out of fear of the 2nd largest army than out of astonishment over any other feat. It definitely is not because of our productivity, which comes in dead last.

Spoiler ASSESSMENT :
Attempted to get some early wonders, but that did not work as well as I hoped. Discovery of Iron Working revealed that there were no close Iron resources. Hence, a settler and the majority of my land army are heading to a point south of the Ottoman cities where there are iron resources. Most likely the Ottomans will fall in the next fifty turns following England's acquisition of Iron.

Attachments

• mlg9-England-100.Civ5Save
    585.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Civ5Screen0436.jpg
    Civ5Screen0436.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Civ5Screen0437.jpg
    Civ5Screen0437.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 159
I'm having a CTD while loading my own save ( aparently the new patch broke save compatibility for Deluxe edition from .20 :/ ). Will have to postpone my game until that is fixed

I have the same issues as r_rolo - Argh, maturity issues...

So, it looks that we will have to wait until next week, since Firaxis spokesman already said they couldn't fix it until the end of friday work day ( that is, yesterday ). Bah :(

Have you guys tried using Gyathaar's tool on your unpatched saves and then loading what would be a "normal" game into the patched deluxe version? I can see how that might work. I'd give it a shot, anyway.

I hope to get my turns played today.

Arathorn

Still stumbling around randomly. Still doing well.

Spoiler :

Again, I didn't take the best notes. I mostly just played, expanding around, killing barbs, buying off maritime city-states, losing the very occasional unit. My plan with the Iroquois was to take fullest advantage of their unique building, which meant a beeline to Metal Working, which took forever.

First things first, I finally settled my second city. I put it near marble and pearls and other stuff. Here, in other words.

After that, I expanded up to three cities, where I was for a while, and then I finally got to five. I made a run at Stonehenge. Missed it by one turn and got 97 gold which is far FAR less valuable.

I am up to two allied maritime city-states and befriended a couple militaristic city-states briefly. I also had a cultural city-state for a turn or two. But the only ones I spent money on were the maritime ones. My food production is still really lousy, from my cities. But the maritime food helps. I think I let one lapse towards the end.

No wars. No extra exploring. I don't see a war looming anytime soon. I have a lot of space to myself in the south. I'm expanding. Minimal iron and horses. At this point, all I have for military is a couple spearmen. I was actually taking out barb encampments with my scouts, but they're starting to get injured. Warrior and two spears are my major military. I need more settlers.

I'm finishing up a happiness-based Golden Age. Not sure it's worth selling luxuries for 150 gold. Probably. I did a couple times. At this point, though, I'm keeping all my luxuries. City-based happiness is keeping me low.

Mostly, I have a BUNCH of summary pictures about my empire.

Arathorn

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0049.jpg
    Civ5Screen0049.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 392
  • Civ5Screen0048.jpg
    Civ5Screen0048.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 380
  • Civ5Screen0045.jpg
    Civ5Screen0045.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Civ5Screen0050.jpg
    Civ5Screen0050.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 396
  • Civ5Screen0051.jpg
    Civ5Screen0051.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 376
  • Civ5Screen0052.jpg
    Civ5Screen0052.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 394
  • Civ5Screen0053.jpg
    Civ5Screen0053.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 387
  • Hiawatha_0100 BC-0375.Civ5Save
    559.9 KB · Views: 130
It turns out that with the new patch, my game decides to crash randomly. I have tried everything I can think of and find to fix it, but it just doesn't work. This and the fact that I am pressed on time with all the things I have to do, I wont be able to play this anymore. I hope that this will not be a big bother and someone else can continue the saga of Japan.
Save Below.

Attachments

• Turnset 1.Civ5Save
    556.7 KB · Views: 133
I haven't patched yet. Is this issue just for deluxe version???

Will hold off patching until this is sorted if it affects basic version as well.

At least I could load my save (basic ver.). Didn't have any other unfinished game except this, so can't tell would I experience crashes or not.

Seems that patching only caused save problems with the deluxe version. I've not seen/heard/read of any problems with basic version. My 4 or 5 or so games that crossed patch boundaries haven't had any issues.

Arathorn

Have you guys tried using Gyathaar's tool on your unpatched saves and then loading what would be a "normal" game into the patched deluxe version? I can see how that might work. I'd give it a shot, anyway.

I hope to get my turns played today.

Arathorn

Good idea -- I'm hoping to try this and to play my 51-100 turns.

Top Bottom