Map and Game Settings: Results

Sulla said:
The voting is over, let the griping begin!
:lol: :lol:

- The odds of a Barbarian uprising are very very small. I've played quite a few multiplayer games and have never seen it happen.

I like the proposal to just have everyone agree that IF this occurs for a team before they have Metal Casting, we all agree ahead of time that something should be done about it and we'll deal with it then.

Could we agree to that and then move on? :D

:lol: :lol:

- The odds of a Barbarian uprising are very very small. I've played quite a few multiplayer games and have never seen it happen.

I like the proposal to just have everyone agree that IF this occurs for a team before they have Metal Casting, we all agree ahead of time that something should be done about it and we'll deal with it then.

Could we agree to that and then move on? :D

I think we can all agree that as long as it doesn't affect Team 3, just let the barbs run free. :mischief:

I think, for the majority, it was a lack of communication between the teams once we all split off. Many people have still been talking here but a lot of the 'voters' were just voting in their private forums and then counted up through an electoral system. I am pleased with the outcome mostly because now the teams can get their choices of leaders nailed down and move on with the show. It is what it is gents...let's play ball.

How often barb event occurs and how often it is more than minor annoyance? I've played on monarch (bts 3.17) and I haven't seen this event often and usually when it has happened it has been manageable. I might have been lucky since I remember AI losing some cities.
I usually play 18 player marathon games in single player, and the barb uprising event will usually occur once or twice in each game. About half the time it's early enough that a civ is wiped out by the uprising. (Sometimes more than one civ if it's the very early game - I've seen this happen once around 3000 BC, with AI after AI being eliminated.)

So perhaps we can scale that to this 5 player game by dividing the probability by about 3. I'm not sure if there needs to be a conversion between marathon and normal game lengths or if that's already scaled. If it's already scaled, then I guess we can expect about a ~20-40% chance of a barb uprising occurring sometime during the game, with perhaps a ~5-20% chance of it occurring in the early game. (This is all rough guesswork, mind you. ;) )

I think we can all agree that as long as it doesn't affect Team 3, just let the barbs run free. :mischief:
All of you on Team 3 can agree to that if you want. You might have trouble convincing the rest of us, though. :p

I usually play 18 player marathon games in single player, and the barb uprising event will usually occur once or twice in each game. About half the time it's early enough that a civ is wiped out by the uprising. (Sometimes more than one civ if it's the very early game - I've seen this happen once around 3000 BC, with AI after AI being eliminated.)

So perhaps we can scale that to this 5 player game by dividing the probability by about 3. I'm not sure if there needs to be a conversion between marathon and normal game lengths or if that's already scaled. If it's already scaled, then I guess we can expect about a ~20-40% chance of a barb uprising occurring sometime during the game, with perhaps a ~5-20% chance of it occurring in the early game. (This is all rough guesswork, mind you. ;) )

All of you on Team 3 can agree to that if you want. You might have trouble convincing the rest of us, though. :p

Random events aren't scaled by speed, IIRC.

Top Bottom