Map generation - Sea level vs ressource density.

MaxWar

King
In Civ V It seems that sea level might affect ressource density and I am looking for reliable information on the subject.

I am messing around with map generation settings. I am using only the map scripts included in the official game and expansions.

It seems that lowering sea level also lowers ressource density, specifically fish. Using world builder I made some test rounds using fish and hand counted the number of fish ressources on a map of a given size and type ( standard continent plus)

It seems there is always roughly the same number of fish ressources no matter what sea level setting is used. Low sea level results in the map having more ''coast'' tiles but with about the same amount of fish as a map with High sea level. The result is lower fish density on a low sea level map. I speculate the same applies to every ressource.

I cannot find any insights on the subject, is this a property of specific map scripts?

My theory is, low sea level changes some coast tiles to land tiles, but at the same time changes ocean tiles to coasts? So coast tiles does not really decrease, which affects fishes?

Low sea level maps have same amount of resources as high sea level maps. Overall resources "dansity" is same. Landish resources have higherishdensity when hihg ea level but sea resources have same. Amount of resourcess is always sam,e but if you change to perse resources from adnanced settings the density is lower.

Or dou you mean with density if iron mine wqill have 1 or 12 iron in it?

Top Bottom