Map grid

Arvedui

Great Prophet
I have just bought the game and I want to know how to turn off the map grid. In Civ2 you just had to press control g, if I remember correctly. I read the FAQ but there is nothing there related to this.

I've got the same problem, Ctrl-G or Map menu does not remove the grid. There's an entry in the civilisation3.ini file that says GridOn=1, but changing that to GridOn=0 seems to make no difference. weird?

anybody else tried editing the .ini file?

I've got the same problem, Ctrl-G or Map menu does not remove the grid. There's an entry in the civilisation3.ini file that says GridOn=1, but changing that to GridOn=0 seems to make no difference. weird?

anybody else tried editing the .ini file?
I know this thread is old, but I had the same issue. Grid was always ON, Ctrl-G didn't do anything as well as changing it via the Map option. The .ini only shows what settings were used in the last game.

However, I was able to Google the solution here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/3910/discussions/0/1750150188482800466/. Just toggle the Tutorial mode off. I have it on as this is my first game in Civ III.

Top Bottom