SnakeRavenCat

Chieftain
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I'm just looking for help with how to make map scripts. A tutorial on creating randomized maps in python would be fantastic.

If it helps in finding the right tutorial, what I want to create is a randomized map in the Caribbean style. (Single large landmass, lots of islands) But with randomized landforms, resources, etc. And of course scalable to the various map sizes in game.

I don't think anybody wrote a guide on how to do this, but the .py files in PublicMaps are random map generators. If you look around there you should be able to figure out how to do it. You can look in the DLL source code for available functions. Particularly the CyPlot files are interesting for map making purposes.
I can't really say anything else unless you are more specific about what is stopping you from doing what you want to do.

I don't think anybody wrote a guide on how to do this, but the .py files in PublicMaps are random map generators. If you look around there you should be able to figure out how to do it. You can look in the DLL source code for available functions. Particularly the CyPlot files are interesting for map making purposes.
I can't really say anything else unless you are more specific about what is stopping you from doing what you want to do.

Well, the short version of what's stopping me is that I have no clue where to start. Lol. As in how to define number and size of landmasses, resource placement, etc.

That being said, I found a tutorial on converting civ 4 mapscripts that should be useful in helping me understand what I need to know. Well, that and studying the differences between the various scripted maps in civ 4.

Top Bottom