[MAP] [Map] My huge 19 civ map for v.25 +

I have a question hopefully someone can answer. there's a 2 page picture in the lore compendium portraying Erebus, and it looks just like ( part of ) this map.

So, did that picture inspire this map or was it the opposite?

I've noticed a couple spots are different, namely in the picture there's a strip of land connecting the Khazad to the Lanun, and the small sea east of the Lanun is closed ( inland sea ) instead of having a 1 tile strait ( with Maelstrom :D ) connecting it to the rest of the seas.

so was the picture inspired by an earlier version which then got changed for balance ?

"There is no canon map. In fact, this map is incorrect if anything given that Kael has said that Erebus is flat (and you can see that this map is cylindrical). It is Nikis Knight's pseudo-pangaea, which is my favorite map. Also he included signs of the landmarks. It seems that many of the upcoming scenarios take place in those landmarks. "

From the creator of the compendium.

the Sailor's Dirge is missing its skeletons crew. not sure if it's intended to offset the fact that it's in the game from turn 0 though.

the Sailor's Dirge is missing its skeletons crew. not sure if it's intended to offset the fact that it's in the game from turn 0 though.

Gekko, does this work for MNAI /EMM or Magisters Mod?

Gekko, does this work for MNAI /EMM or Magisters Mod?

MagisterModmod has a version with developed empires (so lots of cities placed, religions founded, etc) but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the current version.

I've adapted the original Turn 0 map to work with the mod, though it doesn't have new stuff like the mod's new unique features, etc.

The original map works fine with EMM when I try it.

Attachments

• KE huge ICE magister.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    944.8 KB · Views: 72
Thanks Draco!

MagisterModmod has a version with developed empires (so lots of cities placed, religions founded, etc) but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the current version.

I've adapted the original Turn 0 map to work with the mod, though it doesn't have new stuff like the mod's new unique features, etc.

The original map works fine with EMM when I try it.
Actually, just checking, are there any special features of the Turn 0 WBSave which are needed for MMM? I've had some other saves crash recently (e.g. Earth maps).

It's a function of deleting/replacing elements that do not exist in the mod, mostly. Game options, promotions, improvements, units, resources, etc. So you gotta inspect the Worlbuilder file in details, then whenever you encounter an element that you're not sure is present in the mod, you check the relevant files and CTRL+F for the name. This can be a bit tedious.

If you're talking about the Earth scenarios from vanilla Civ those were never adapted to base FFH. There has been a couple of FFH Earth scenarios on civfanatics's download section, those should be easier to adapt.

After checking the file there actually aren't many errors in the MMM "Empires" map, just Aeron's Chosen and Dragon Bones having been renamed. Here's the version :

Attachments

• KE huge ICE Empires v1.1 modified for MagisterModmod.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
Thanks!

Top Bottom