Map Options Expanded

Shattered

Lord of Utopia
Something that wasn't taken advantage of, in the last game, was the myriad choices of random options to add to the game. With the release of BTS, many new options were made. I've opened this discussion to be focused purely on the optional rules: what you would like to see and your reasons for wanting it.

Now for my opinions.
One option I always choose is random personalities. I made some points for it in the previous demogame. You can find the thread here.
Another option I think should be included is the No Tech Brokering. Tech Brokering means that you can only trade technologys your country researches. Which means you can't buy theology from the chinese and sell it to the germans. This option, combined with high espianage, allows us to sell our techs to nations currently researching same tech, allowing us to stop them from selling the tech worldwide. It also makes sense in RP aspects, because you weren't the one who developed the idea, you learned it from another nation, so all your info is second hand.

But a crossbow is still a crossbow if you didn't invent it.

I support no tech-brokering, as its game and reduces roleplay.

Random personalities and random leaders would be perfect. Ideally, the personality should be hidden as well, making the game more interesting.

What about the aspect of role playing as the great traders, who explore and find other civilizations while their poor neighbors hang around close to home?

I support leaving tech brokering enabled.

Actually, I am open to tech-brokering, I was divided on the issue, but also curious about how the new option would work out.

Top Bottom