• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Map Request: Please Read

You're very welcome. Because of your response and others' encouragement I think I'm going to work on a map-making tutorial.

That's a good idea, since many will presumably profit from such a tutorial. I'm sure that I'm not the only one making scenarios that requires according maps. ;)

However, I did catch a snag while trying to use the Bmp2Bic utility. Whenever I tell it to generate map, nothing happens. There's also no place to save the map that I have transfered, meaning I have no clue what to do. :sad:

TopGun69 said:
And hey, I know Düsseldorf... been there several times. Great beer.

Indeed, Altbier is just about my second favorite beer of all, being only topped by the undisputed beer king, Weizenbier! It's the dew of the gods I tell you!

Thanks for the map by the way! I checked it out and saw that it was very massive. I was hoping for something a bit smaller. Still, it's basically exactly what I need just on a tad bit enlarged scale. Is there a way to size it down without cropping any actual part out?

Indeed, Altbier is just about my second favorite beer of all, being only topped by the undisputed beer king, Weizenbier! It's the dew of the gods I tell you!

That's why they ask, "Hoschd Woiza?" in Stuttgart. :lol:

Thanks for the map by the way! I checked it out and saw that it was very massive. I was hoping for something a bit smaller. Still, it's basically exactly what I need just on a tad bit enlarged scale. Is there a way to size it down without cropping any actual part out?

You're welcome. Don't know... You could crop Italy and the Balkans and part of France out, that way you'd have exactly what you need.

However, I did catch a snag while trying to use the Bmp2Bic utility. Whenever I tell it to generate map, nothing happens. There's also no place to save the map that I have transfered, meaning I have no clue what to do.
To use Bmp2Bic:
  1. start the program
  2. load the bmp (file menu)
  3. generate the map (file menu)
  4. the bic is named "BMPToBIC Output" and will be located in the same subdirectory as bmp2bic
  5. that file is ready for use in either maptweaker or the c3 editor.
To shrink the map follow the steps I suggested above for resizing (maptweaker>bitmap>bmp2bic>editor). You will lose rivers & resources in the process; since you will have the original map to compare, it should be straightforward to replace them.

Wouldn't it make more sense to call it Rise of Germany, as the rise of Prussia was actually more like 1700-1850?

^ Indeed, you're right that the name is not truly the most fitting. Usually when thinking up ideas for new scenarios, I think up a name spontaneously, which usually develops just as much as the scenario itself. Generally, it's just supposed to be blunt title that kind of gives an idea of what it could be about.

And my reasoning behind "the Rise of Prussia" was simply that, although Prussia had grown prior, this represented the "rise" of Prussia to unifying lesser Germany (all German states excluding the Austria Empire) and creating one of the most influential states of Europe (and therefore the world), and one that would have profound effects on later historical events. With the forefront of that reasoning, the title doesn't seem that off, though I admit, it is misleading (as it probably came across like that for you).

So I don't think a small title change would be such a big problem. Vaterland: Rise of Germany it is! :D

Top Bottom