Map Request

Maimonides

Emperor
I'm looking for a map of the "Holy Land." I've looked all over & what I've found is either not to the scale I need or includes too much of Egypt or other, neighboring areas. Here's what I'm looking for:

-Map scale of 1 tile=3 miles. I want detail so I can include many ancient or modern locations.
-North border near Tyre. Beirut at most.
-West border at Suez.
-East border at Amman or a bit east of that.
-South border including some of the Gulf of Aqaba at least. The tip of Sinai (Sharm el Sheik) might work, too, but not more.
-All in Plains terrain. I want to add correct terrain myself. I've travelled extensively throuought the area & will reference maps. Basically, I need an accurate coast outline to start with including the Dead Sea & Lake Kineret (Sea of Galilee).

I started working on this weeks ago, but I'm a newbie at this & I can't seem to get the outline accurate enough without the map being off-center.

I'd like this map to screw around with some scenario ideas. I'm envisioning:

1. Ancient with Hebrews, Canaanites, Philistines, etc. Possibilities are endless.
2. Crusades.
3. 20th century conflicts.

If anyone can slap this outline map together at this scale accurately, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

The isometric grid system that civ uses makes it hard to get the right perspective. The width/heighth ratio is off compared to a standard image.
Attached is a zipped Excel spreadsheet that replicates the isometric grid system pretty close. What I do is print it, then print an image of what it is I want to map over the grid. Then I plot the outline from the grid to the civ editor, and voila, I have my map.

View attachment Map Grid.zip

Thanks, Azmorg. I have found & used your grids. In the end, I used a ruler & a calculator to transfer the map's scale onto a Civ map. It took two days, but I have all the coast, Dead Sea, Sea of Galilee & Gulf of Aqaba oulined pretty well. It was tough getting the long, smooth, curving Mediteranean coast right.

I am having problems getting the ancient location of Lake Hulah/Meram correct. It was drained in the 1950s & has been partially restored since, but I need the accurate ancient location.

Now I'm searching for a good topographical map of the area to fill in the terrain & good maps of ancient settlements to pre-place cities.

Now that I've started this, I'm hooked so I'll start a scenario development thread.

Top Bottom