Map Size between Dual and Tiny

Ebitdadada

Master Baiter
Hello,

Sill question. I like to play on small maps with lots of Civs. I find Dual to be too small and tiny to be too big. Does anyone know of any mods that have a map size in-between?

Thanks!

I am looking for this as well. It is one of the better ways to make territory a competition and averts the ICS problem.

Have you tried adding another AI Civ or even just 1 or 2 CSs to a Tiny map to make if feel smaller?

I always play with maximum number of civs. It still feels a bit too large.

The only downside is that the number of religions is tied to map size, not the number of civs. Maybe there is a mod for that too?

Have you tried adding another AI Civ or even just 1 or 2 CSs to a Tiny map to make if feel smaller?

Ha thanks for the suggestion. Yep - i usually play with 2x to 4x the number of Civs that would be standard (so 7 or 8 on a tiny map). As Ezzlar had said it averts the ICS thing and creates competition. I also like to play as Global Cop and find it nearly impossible to do so on standard and above size maps: If you want to help a friend on the other side of the world on a larger map they're usually screwed before you show up. I turn off religious victory given the # of religion issue.

A map between tiny and dual would be awesome but looks like one doesn't exist :(.

8 Civs on a tiny map? I'm gonna have to try this out.

What other settings do you use? Pangea, Continents, Continental Plates, Inland Sea? Lower sea level? Older world, to reduce the amount of space taken up by large mountain ranges? Abundant Resources to ensure every civ gets plenty?

I usually go for Pangaea for a more cosy atmosphere. And it also makes the land grab competition intense.

Player plus 5 AI is maxmium on Tiny if I remember correctly.

8 Civs on a tiny map? I'm gonna have to try this out.

What other settings do you use? Pangea, Continents, Continental Plates, Inland Sea? Lower sea level? Older world, to reduce the amount of space taken up by large mountain ranges? Abundant Resources to ensure every civ gets plenty?

Sorry for the delay. I usually do continents, high sea level, abundant resources. I also disable religious victory and have 0 City states. Also... I meant to say 7ish Civs on a Dual map. Sometimes you'll have to re-roll.

I should have mentioned you need a Mod to let you have a ton of Civs on small maps as yes the default AI is low as ezzlar mentioned. That mod, not at all intuitively :) is "Larger Map Sizes."

I'm playing through some scenarios right now but Imma try this out soon. There's been a lot of buzz on the forum about alternate ways of play. This thread, the one about late era starts and the different game paces. I think I might combine them. Do this idea with cramped land masses, and do a Renaissance Start so that everyone has some pieces to start playing with right off the bat. Should get some good action going on real quick.

Top Bottom